Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Microsoft Bob, longhorn update?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Manip

It has been a long time since Microsoft updated Bob, can we expect a longhorn / .Net update?

I have some naming suggestions:

Microsoft Bob .Net 2005
    Bob!Net 05
    .Net Bob
    Microsoft Bob: Bob is back!
    Microsoft Bob: And Friends...
    Microsoft Bob: Clippies here too!

• User profile image
    librarian

They would probably follow the trend and make it "Microsoft Bob 2005" and drop the .NET

• User profile image
    ThomasAesir

Microsoft Bob: Clippies here too!

People are always making fun of Clippy yet he was just trying to be helpful. I guess it's true, no good deed goes unpunished.

Poor Clippy .......... That's it I'm starting a Website to partician  Mircosoft to return Clippy. After that I'm going to start an open source project to bring Clippy to Linux.

• User profile image
    Michel LOPEZ

Hello

> Microsoft Bob: And Friends...

This one should already be on the update road....

It should come from the longhorn updated ActiMate Barney ??

ML

• User profile image
    Manip

ThomasAesir wrote:
    Poor Clippy .......... That's it I'm starting a Website to partician  Mircosoft to return Clippy. After that I'm going to start an open source project to bring Clippy to Linux.

Your going to be shot.. or DOS by everyone Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Manip wrote:
    ThomasAesir wrote: Poor Clippy .......... That's it I'm starting a Website to partician  Mircosoft to return Clippy. After that I'm going to start an open source project to bring Clippy to Linux.

Your going to be shot.. or DOS by everyone Tongue Out

I've been pulling Clippy from Office versions prior to XP, just right click him, click on options, uncheck everything and "never" see him again.

• User profile image
    lars

If you're considering Bob, why not add Weebl too? And market it as Team Longhorn Explosion!

Some day I'm going to make a 30cm Clippy and put it on top of my monitor. I Like Clippy.

/Lars.

(P.S If this post makes no sense at all to you, just disregard it)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.