Coffeehouse Thread

384 posts

Hello Tablet world!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    leighsword

wow,15483 KB size so big to me,is there a redist version of Table PC SDK runtime?

• User profile image
    Charles

Loadsgood is running editpost.aspx on an ink post. This will allow for mixing in text since editpost only supports text and won't overwrite existing content (even if it's just an image...).

C

• User profile image
    Charles

You really don't need the whole SDK. I will work on getting a redist of the required files packaged in an installer that you can run from C9. Give me a few days...

C

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Maybe make ink a third tab on the addpost page?

• User profile image
    leighsword

Charles wrote:
    You really don't need the whole SDK. I will work on getting a redist of the required files packaged in an installer that you can run from C9. Give me a few days...

C

is it need days work? why you all do not consider the deploy problem when you plan to developing a cool stuff.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Beer, you crack me up, but at least you're consistent! You should come work for Martin Taylor. Can you write drivers?

One step at a time! XML vector coordinates would be mighty cool. But I'll take gifs for now.

• User profile image
    lars

This will make it possible to take flame wars to a whole new level. Guess Charles bad word filter have to go OCR. Smiley

Btw; thanks for the preview button. I love it!

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Damn test didn't work. I don't know why but this post is locked. Can you make it so that one locked icon shows when a post is locked, not 2?

Check that post if you don't understand,
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Leighsword: one step at a time.

This was designed for Tablet PC users. As you can already see, if you only have a mouse it isn't an optimal way to enter text.

Tablet PC users don't need to get anything deployed.

And, you all are complaining about a 16MB file when our videos are hundreds of megs each? Hmmm.

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

OMFG , I so much want a tablet pc ...
    That is the time I hate being poor.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

HellSnoopy, get a job at Microsoft. Then you can be poor, but you'll have a Tablet PC! <g>

Regarding obscenity filters. Yeah, hopefully this doesn't turn into http://www.gapingvoid.com/ but if it does, we'll be there to cross out your bad deeds. Smiley

• User profile image
    pikatung

lars wrote:
    This will make it possible to take flame wars to a whole new level. Guess Charles bad word filter have to go OCR.

Necessity is the mother of all invention...

In other news, Charles of Channel9 has devoloped a revolutionary new OCR technology, making keyboards all but obsolete. "I wasn't aiming for fame," says Charles, "just trying to bring order upon c9."

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

HellSnoopy wrote:
    OMFG , I so much want a tablet pc ...
    That is the time I hate being poor.

If you have a mouse you can do this too. All you need to have are these specs:

Charles wrote:

As long as you:

1.) are running IE 6

2.) have .NET Framework 1.1 installed

3.) have the Tablet PC 1.7 SDK installed (not strictly true, but a good guarantee!)

You can ink away!

Tablet PC SDK (1.7),
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

scobleizer wrote:
    HellSnoopy, get a job at Microsoft. Then you can be poor, but you'll have a Tablet PC! <g>

Regarding obscenity filters. Yeah, hopefully this doesn't turn into http://www.gapingvoid.com/ but if it does, we'll be there to cross out your bad deeds. Smiley

What about hiring me for moderating the ink posts ? Big Smile

• User profile image
    Minh

body must not be empty... [Duncanma]

• User profile image
    scobleizer

HellSnoopy: interested in relocating? Can you run a video camera? Are you a geek? IE, can you write C# code? If so, we might have a position for you! (Seriously, we're hiring).

• User profile image
    Lora

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.