Coffeehouse Thread

384 posts

Hello Tablet world!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    daSmirnov

hey guys Just got my moo today? After seeing the emperies Pack video just had Forget One! Awesonegteyf Fr

• User profile image
    Charles

Catatonic wrote:
    Suggestion: In addition to the "alt" tag, it would be nice to have the recognized text in a "title" tag. Firefox will not display Alt text when you hover the mouse, but it does display Title text.

Or, put the text in hidden Div's, which the user can optionally unhide. Comments?

Actually, FF does display Alt text when hovering over an object with an alt attr. However, I do notice that FF has a max length set for alt display thus truncating text. Bummer. Hey FF people, fix that, will ya? Wink

C

• User profile image
    Maurits

Um, no - it displays the tooltip for things with a title attribute.
    ALT is short for "alternate" - the intention is to display the ALT text ONLY if the image is unusable.  On the other hand, the title should show in all cases.  You can put title attributes on other things too, like <abbr> or <acronym> tags - very handy.

Perhaps a longdesc attribute would be a good way to handle very long text associated with ink?

• User profile image
    Charles

Yep. I stand corrected. Still, FF does truncate title text.
    C

• User profile image
    Maurits

There's a patch on a Camino bug to handle the truncation of title text... maybe I'll ping the Firefox dev's to see if they can merge it over.

• User profile image
    Charles

Maurits wrote:
    There's a patch on a Camino bug to handle the truncation of title text... maybe I'll ping the Firefox dev's to see if they can merge it over.

Please do!

alt text added to ink posts from reco-enabled clients, btw.

C

• User profile image
    Maurits

After this five-year-old bug I'm about ready to give up hope.  Or maybe I'll learn XUL and write a patch Wink

• User profile image
    fdezjose

body must not be empty... [Duncanma]

• User profile image
    fdezjose

It dind't work very well. I was using my pocket pc, from there I was controling my computer (under Windows Longhorn 5048 Wink ) using Remote Desktop.
    oh man, I have to buy a Tablet as soon as posible.

• User profile image
    Nine-of-​Seven

So this is infant cool. yentas!!!

• User profile image
    graynight

This is too cool! We need more apps like this. Works Perfectly from my *NEW* TabletPC. Gotta admit-I'm hooked... why did I wait so long? Oh yeah... I remember... $$$ inferiorities # spitfires ostentation.

• User profile image
    will

Predy nice to see all the handwriting in here and around cg. that it bugs me though is still crashes the browser ct times. (which is real may'.) Nead to improve my handwriting...

• User profile image
    jonathanh

I just read something that answers previous questions about why Tablet PC software doesn't work better with a standalone tablet, is there special "smoothing" for real Tablet PCs, etc.

The answer is that the digitizer on a Tablet PC samples at a much higher rate than standard tablets (the figures quoted were 130 samples per second vs 40 samples per second). This is how it achieves such smooth curves in handwriting.

In other words, it's not the software that's to blame, it's your trailing-edge hardware Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

will wrote:
    Predy nice to see all the handwriting in here and around cg. that it bugs me though is still crashes the browser ct times. (which is real may'.) Nead to improve my handwriting...

Remember, that this is beta quality stuff. C9 is the first place to really integrate tablet support deeply into forum software. The IE crashing bug is due to a bug in the Frameworks(not a bug in IE) and should be fixed with the next release (2.0).

The bummer is that the IE crash happens in such a way that dump data is not generated...

C

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

I still can't do it... Sad

• User profile image
    philip1987

Charles wrote:

As long as you:

1.) are running IE 6

2.) have .NET Framework 1.1 installed

3.) have the Tablet PC 1.7 SDK installed (not strictly true, but a good guarantee!)

You can ink away!

I am sorry FF users. Only IE 6 supports embedded Windows Forms at this point.

C

I'm using Opera, and I can see the ink

• User profile image
    Sergei

the irk is just a ait, virtually any browser car See ct. You need those to enter it. Very impressive! Lim a little disappointed. that L have to Sideswoll though o Sanely xaA the most ~ in portrayable resolution?

• User profile image
    Lady_​Sapphire

is this based off the forum code over @ "arcs of fire"?? If not is there a download where we can install it < Play with it? Any way it is coolant I hope it grows to let the ink be searchable- co Lady Sapphire ET

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.