Coffeehouse Thread

384 posts

Hello Tablet world!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

Lady_Sapphire wrote:

Yep. This is based on the same code base, with modifications, of course.

The sources for this will be released in time. Stay tuned.

Ink away,

C

EDIT: By the way C9 Ink posts are searchable by search engines (assuming, of course, that they are generated along with text recognition text, which requires the use of a recognizer-equipped client, like a Tablet PC)

• User profile image
    Tianya

body must not be empty... [Duncanma]

• User profile image
    AndyC

Got my new tablet today and had to try this out. Ink roles?

• User profile image
    Charles

AndyC wrote:
    Got my new tablet today and had to try this out. Ink roles?

Congrats, AndyC. Yeah, it's fun to ink in the Coffeehouse!

Please note that many of these posts (the ones created with reco-enabled clients) are searchable accross the major search engines. So, indexing of gif-based ink images is not an issue in regards to search. Unfortunately, I haven't modified the C9 search system to index ink, but stay tuned.

C

• User profile image
    IanD

this is cool. Now can you get the msn spaces team to enable Ink bogging. The spaces editor doesn't work with the Tablet PC. Ian

• User profile image
    Maurits

IanD wrote:
    this is cool. Now can you get the msn spaces team to enable Ink bogging. The spaces editor doesn't work with the Tablet PC. Ian

Inkblogging?  Is the world ready for this?  Kind of breaks RSS, doesn't it?

• User profile image
    Charles

Maurits wrote:
    IanD wrote: this is cool. Now can you get the msn spaces team to enable Ink bogging. The spaces editor doesn't work with the Tablet PC. Ian

Inkblogging?  Is the world ready for this?  Kind of breaks RSS, doesn't it?

Not really. The Ink blog item would be an enclosure and the description text would be the reco data.
    C

• User profile image
    sundararajan

body must not be empty... [Duncanma]

• User profile image
    erik_

Hallo there foreclose: How did you get the white background of

• User profile image
    fdezjose

WON! Elavemo llorarás Jables Pali!!

• User profile image
    fdezjose

WON! Flores muy llorarás Jables Pali!!

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

fdezjose wrote:
    WON! Flores muy llorarás Jables Pali!!

I love how text recognition works. Apparently, the ink post above means: WON! Flores muy llorarás Jables Pali!!

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

TommyCarlier wrote:
    fdezjose wrote: WON! Flores muy llorarás Jables Pali!!

I love how text recognition works. Apparently, the ink post above means: WON! Flores muy llorarás Jables Pali!!

Tommy Carlier!  What a surprize. I never though I would of found someone I recongize from the Euphoria mailing list. LOL!!!

Yep... I'm here in the .NET world now. Dude, Visual Basic 2005 ROCKS!!!, and MonoBASIC will too after it gets out of beta. They are the closest thing to Euphoria on .NET and Mono, but without any of the irritating limitations. Big Smile

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

TommyCarlier wrote:

Just need to change the default language.

But yes, I see your point Wink

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

TommyCarlier wrote:
    fdezjose wrote: WON! Flores muy llorarás Jables Pali!!

That's not what it says?

• User profile image
    Comic Strip Blogger

yeah, it works very well, except for one thing: when i turn avowing my fen then eraser is not working and i need to tae on "Erase" icon. Could you fix it? Please & eraser Sosa pen Imaret PC

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Xaero_Vincent wrote:
    Tommy Carlier!  What a surprize. I never though I would of found someone I recongize from the Euphoria mailing list. LOL!!!

Yep... I'm here in the .NET world now. Dude, Visual Basic 2005 ROCKS!!!, and MonoBASIC will too after it gets out of beta. They are the closest thing to Euphoria on .NET and Mono, but without any of the irritating limitations.

Yeah, I know. Personally, I don't use VB, but C#. Although VB has improved a lot since VB6.

Maybe it's time to port Euphoria to .NET Wink
    I've already thought about it, and I think it's doable.

I'm just waiting a bit, to see what Derek Parnell has come up with. I know he's working on a new language, that he's developing in D, that is based on Euphoria.

For the people who are reading this, and have no idea what Euphoria is: check out http://www.rapideuphoria.com/">http://www.rapideuphoria.com.

• User profile image
    z33driver

I was curious, are the Ink posts searchable?  Does it store the Ink image and the recognized text in the database so you can search on it?  I suppose if the handwriting recognizers aren't good enough yet you would need some way to let the user doublecheck the recognized text.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.