Coffeehouse Thread

384 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hello Tablet world!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    scobleizer

Searching ink? That's Google's problem! Smiley

Seriously, that's gonna be pretty tough. What we need to do is write text along with the .GIF for the search engines.

• User profile image
    Minh

body must not be empty... [Duncanma]

• User profile image
    marauderz

• User profile image
    wcrocker

• User profile image
    Minh

First came text...

• User profile image
    Minh

• User profile image
    jonathanh

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

• User profile image
    staceyw

Cool stuff.  I am in the market for a new Laptop and was thinking about the Tablet models.  However, I am worried about getting into a box with it.  I need VS and c#.  Will I run into SP issues or perf issues with a tablet, or is it just like XP with ink added?  Do you have to wait for special Ink Service packs or the standard XP ones will install.  Confused.  TIA!

PS.  Anyone make a 17" tablet?

-- William

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Excellent job Charles! Keep up the good work as usual Smiley The preview button is a nice addition as well Smiley

• User profile image
    jonathanh

staceyw wrote:
    Cool stuff.  I am in the market for a new Laptop and was thinking about the Tablet models.  However, I am worried about getting into a box with it.  I need VS and c#.  Will I run into SP issues or perf issues with a tablet, or is it just like XP with ink added?  Do you have to wait for special Ink Service packs or the standard XP ones will install.  Confused.  TIA!

PS.  Anyone make a 17" tablet?
    XP Tablet Edition is a straight superset of XP, and standard XP service packs and patches work just fine. The only "Tablet-specific" service pack was released last year, and added a bunch of cool new usability features to the Tablet PC interface.

For VS and C#, there are no Tablet-specific issues. I'd go for a beefy spec, just as I would for any laptop that I was going to do compilation on - lots of RAM (>= 512MB) and a fast hard drive (>= 5400 rpm). You can get both of those on a Tablet.

I haven't heard of any of the major manufacturers making a 17" Tablet - anyone seen such a beast?  

• User profile image
    Tracy

Hm. I have the SDK 1.7 installed, yet still no inking, as it says I need to install it...shucks.

• User profile image
    NathanLaan

• User profile image
    scobleizer

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Could you suggest some tablets Scoble? My laptop is about to die... so if I can get funding somewhere for a new laptop, I'd really like a tablet.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Wow awesome. No forum has something similar - I need a tablet NOW!

HAHA:
    You are not ink enabled!
    Please install the Tablet PC SDK (1.7) then come back and ink away!

...and ink away Big Smile

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I use the Toshiba M200 because it has the highest resolution screen.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I dont suppose there would be a way for me to get a free one from Toshiba if I agree to evagelise their products? Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.