Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Can visual studio's ctrl+arrow cursor moving logic be made camel-case aware?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Massif

It'd save me a lot of time skipping over method name calls when I want to change something in the middle.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Ctrl+Arrow has always been per-token, so probably not, at least not in VS2008. In VS2010, probably, but I can't personally tell you how to do that.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

W3bbo said:

Ctrl+Arrow has always been per-token, so probably not, at least not in VS2008. In VS2010, probably, but I can't personally tell you how to do that.

I wouldn't say it's per-token. A string literal is a single token, yet Ctrl+Arrow will jump to words inside the string.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

TommyCarlier said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

I wouldn't say it's per-token. A string literal is a single token, yet Ctrl+Arrow will jump to words inside the string.

Not necessarily, it depends on your tokenization logic. To me, the words within a string are still tokens, it's just up to the parser to recognise those tokens as being part of a string literal and to remove any semantics.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

W3bbo said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

Not necessarily, it depends on your tokenization logic. To me, the words within a string are still tokens, it's just up to the parser to recognise those tokens as being part of a string literal and to remove any semantics.

Tokenizers used for compilers don't work that way. They'll treat string literals as a single token to be passed in its entirety to the parser.

• User profile image
    SimonJ

CodeRush from Developer Express adds Alt+Left and Alt+Right to move by camelCase.

(There's an awful lot more to it than that, of course. I'd not be without CodeRush and Refactor! Pro.)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.