Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

PDC10

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    hchwa

PDC site just related information on PDC10.  Oct 28-29 at Microsoft Campus!

• User profile image
    CKurt

At the microsoft campus ? Cool !

Must be because there is nothing new to announce, only new itterations ?

• User profile image
    hchwa

CKurt said:

There is no details on the session information and the conference schdule yet.  I hope detail information will be available soon so I can decidec if it is worth to attend.

• User profile image
    exoteric

CKurt said:

It's in the spirit of Channel 9:

"The PDC has always provided direct access to the people behind the technologies, but this year we’re upping the ante by providing access to the places, too. For the first time ever, our most influential customers will converge on the Microsoft Campus in Redmond for the PDC. We’re opening the doors to our buildings and labs, and providing unprecedented access to Microsoft’s leaders and engineering teams on their home turf."

The price tag will still prevent me from coming though, but it looks promising to me.

• User profile image
    CKurt

exoteric said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

"The PDC has always provided direct access to the people behind the technologies, but this year we’re upping the ante by providing access to the places, too. For the first time ever, our most influential customers will converge on the Microsoft Campus in Redmond for the PDC. We’re opening the doors to our buildings and labs, and providing unprecedented access to Microsoft’s leaders and engineering teams on their home turf."

The price tag will still prevent me from coming though, but it looks promising to me.

It would be awesome. PDC has a lot of value in meeting other proffesionals. If you only go for the sessions you are missing out on so much.

• User profile image
    hchwa

CKurt said:
    exoteric said:
    *snip*

It would be awesome. PDC has a lot of value in meeting other proffesionals. If you only go for the sessions you are missing out on so much.

I agree with CKurt!  I have been in the past 3 PDC (2005, 2008, 2009) and every conference is worthy to attend in person.  No just for the sessions but the chance to interact with MS people directly and other developers from different industries.  

For PDC10, I do wonder why MS only have it for only 2 days...  What kind of content and announcement can be pack within these 2 days will be interesting to see.  Windows Phone 7development?  Something to do with slate device development?  or even Windows 8 announcement perhaps?

• User profile image
    Charles

exoteric said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

Glad you picked up on the Channel 9 connection Smiley

Indeed, this PDC will be a physical and virtual manifestation of the core Channel 9 philosophy: Welcome to the sausage factory, developers. You will get to meet folks you've never met before and interact with fellow developers who write Microsoft's platforms, tools and services in their native habitat, not some giant conference hall.... This will be a very deep and very focused PDC. Developers only. Wink

The future is,

C

• User profile image
    Ian2

hchwa said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

I agree with CKurt!  I have been in the past 3 PDC (2005, 2008, 2009) and every conference is worthy to attend in person.  No just for the sessions but the chance to interact with MS people directly and other developers from different industries.  

For PDC10, I do wonder why MS only have it for only 2 days...  What kind of content and announcement can be pack within these 2 days will be interesting to see.  Windows Phone 7development?  Something to do with slate device development?  or even Windows 8 announcement perhaps?

My guess would be that the WP7 O/S is being upscaled and enhanced to maximise advantage on Slate devices.  This could mean new hardware and Silverlight.Next / XNA.Next.  

Gosh, I envisage many days and months of speculation ahead ...

• User profile image
    OrigamiCar

Charles said:
    exoteric said:
    *snip*

Indeed, this PDC will be a physical and virtual manifestation of the core Channel 9 philosophy: Welcome to the sausage factory, developers. You will get to meet folks you've never met before and interact with fellow developers who write Microsoft's platforms, tools and services in their native habitat, not some giant conference hall.... This will be a very deep and very focused PDC. Developers only. Wink

The future is,

C

Any chance we'll get to go to the Microsoft Employee store?! Big Smile

• User profile image
    blowdart

OrigamiCar said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Any chance we'll get to go to the Microsoft Employee store?! Big Smile

Well the store is open to visitors. However you don't get into the employee part. So if all you want is I'm a PC t-shirts then knock yourself out Smiley

• User profile image
    jmzl666

Does anyone  now where I can find a list of Hotels near the campus?, I need an estimate of how much it will be (Hotel + Food + Transportation) so the All Mighty HR department can decide if I can go.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Charles said:
    exoteric said:
    *snip*

The future is,

C

Does C9 want to sponsor any students to attend?  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Charles

jmzl666 said:

Does anyone  now where I can find a list of Hotels near the campus?, I need an estimate of how much it will be (Hotel + Food + Transportation) so the All Mighty HR department can decide if I can go.

http://www.experiencewa.com/plan-a-trip/accommodations.aspx?g=1&lat=47.67856&long=-122.130994&query=redmond,%20wa&radius=10

C

• User profile image
    blowdart

jmzl666 said:

Here

(I'd suggest looking at the ones in Bellevue)

• User profile image
    jmzl666

Great, thanks.

Juan Zamudio

• User profile image
    spivonious

Wow, $1000 actually isn't too bad. Now I just have to come up with a reason for work to send me there Smiley

• User profile image
    Ian2

spivonious said:

Wow, $1000 actually isn't too bad. Now I just have to come up with a reason for work to send me there Smiley

A few recollections of previous visits: http://rd3d2.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8560F926A112380!21243.entry?&_c02_vws=1 . 

Not sure if I can make it this time, shame as it would be 10th Anniversary of my first PDC. ( I saw Steve Balmer talking about XML Web Services on the old Microsoft Satelite TV channel and couldn't quite believe it - would be interesting to see that again now!)

• User profile image
    CKurt

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

Does C9 want to sponsor any students to attend?  Tongue Out

+1

Pick me! Pick me! I'm doing a masters thesis on XNA concurrent design patterns. Hihi Wink

(I really am, but it is still a shameless plug)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.