Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PDC10

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    amyrc

jmzl666 said:

Does anyone  now where I can find a list of Hotels near the campus?, I need an estimate of how much it will be (Hotel + Food + Transportation) so the All Mighty HR department can decide if I can go.

There's a link to the Washington State Tourism site on the LOCATION page

• User profile image
    Ian2

amyrc said:
    jmzl666 said:
    *snip*

There's a link to the Washington State Tourism site on the LOCATION page

Next Page ...

• User profile image
    Ian2

"Microsoft palm-sized slates to rival iPad available by Christmas", according to Ballmer. 

"You'll see new slates with Windows on them. You'll see them this Christmas,"
    he told an audience of students, staff and journalists at the London School of
    Economics.

"Certainly we have done work around the tablet as both a productivity device
    and a consumption device," he said.

Wonder if we will get to see something at the PDC, that would be cool ...

• User profile image
    USArcher

@Ian2:  Apparently Steve said, "We're not going to do a major revamp of Windows 7 for slate applications, that will come in the next version..".  I take it this to mean we shouldn't expect to see Windows Phone 7's metro interface or app store come to Windows 7.  But he also did say that they had some Windows 7 touch optimizations in the works...it would be nice to get some insight about what that will encompass.

• User profile image
    Ian2

I don't know, Metro is just a design guideline for Silverlight, and Silverlight is already in there with XNA.  And isn't markletplace really  just an application that runs on Windows?

• User profile image
    Ian2

Don't tell anyone but the PDC 2010 sessions can be viewed here (track=PDC)

http://europe.msteched.com/Topic/List

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.