Coffeehouse Thread

29 posts

C9 APIs

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    JoshRoss

    Is there a page that lists all the consumable services, feeds or any other type of endpoint, that Channel9 offers? 

     

    -Josh

     

    Edit: I'll maintain a list below.

     

    http://channel9.msdn.com/Feeds/RSS/

    http://channel9.msdn.com/services/posts.asmx

    http://channel9.msdn.com/services/users.asmx

    http://channel9.msdn.com/services/tags.asmx

     

    users.asmx?op=GetUsersInRole doesn't seem to work. Or at least it should have an ApiKey param.

  • User profile image
    Duncanma

    As a forum poster, you don't have drafts... but people posting videos/blog entries do... and in C9v4 they are all the same entity so the services reflect that...

  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus
  • User profile image
    Blue Ink
  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

    Blue Ink said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*

    http://channel9.msdn.com/services/users.asmx

     

    cool! I did not know that one!

     

    google only reveals the posts.asmx,.. So I wonder what other services there are!

  • User profile image
    JoshRoss

    Who should I ask for getting an API key for the GetPosts service?

     

    -Josh

  • User profile image
    Minh

    JoshRoss said:

    Who should I ask for getting an API key for the GetPosts service?

     

    -Josh

    you don't need the api key..

     

    but almost for certain, that API set will go away

     

     

  • User profile image
    Clint

    Minh said:
    JoshRoss said:
    *snip*

    you don't need the api key..

     

    but almost for certain, that API set will go away

     

     

    you sir are correct.  Smiley

  • User profile image
    Blue Ink

    JoshRoss said:

    Who should I ask for getting an API key for the GetPosts service?

     

    -Josh

    You can get your API key from your profile page, appending GetApiKey to the Uri. You should find yours here:

    http://channel9.msdn.com/Niners/JoshRoss/GetApiKey/

     

    I couldn't find a way to get that programmatically... and even then I expect you would need to sign in to LiveID first, which is not exactly easy to begin with.

     

    EDIT: I'm not sure what would happen on a real device. You are supposed to be signed in to LiveID, but as that part is missing from the CTP emulator, this is just a wild guess.  

  • User profile image
    Duncanma

    Blue Ink said:
    JoshRoss said:
    *snip*

    You can get your API key from your profile page, appending GetApiKey to the Uri. You should find yours here:

    http://channel9.msdn.com/Niners/JoshRoss/GetApiKey/

     

    I couldn't find a way to get that programmatically... and even then I expect you would need to sign in to LiveID first, which is not exactly easy to begin with.

     

    EDIT: I'm not sure what would happen on a real device. You are supposed to be signed in to LiveID, but as that part is missing from the CTP emulator, this is just a wild guess.  

    If you have an API key, some of the services take userid + password and you'd use "apikey" as the user and the key as the password. Honestly unsure of which ones work as we only use a small # for our internal video submission/compression system.

  • User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

    Clint said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

    you sir are correct.  Smiley

    Within a month, several months or a year?

  • User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

    Duncanma said:

    As a forum poster, you don't have drafts... but people posting videos/blog entries do... and in C9v4 they are all the same entity so the services reflect that...

    Any more info on c9v4?

  • User profile image
    JoshRoss

    Minh said:
    JoshRoss said:
    *snip*

    you don't need the api key..

     

    but almost for certain, that API set will go away

     

     

    Then why would I get this exception?  

     

    Server was unable to process request. ---> Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

     

  • User profile image
    Minh

    JoshRoss said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

    Then why would I get this exception?  

     

    Server was unable to process request. ---> Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

     

    I think you have to have username/password OR the API key

  • User profile image
    JoshRoss

    Minh said:
    JoshRoss said:
    *snip*

    I think you have to have username/password OR the API key

    Neither one works for me.  Can anyone here reproduce the error?

  • User profile image
    Sampy

    Kryptos said:
    Duncanma said:
    *snip*

    Any more info on c9v4?

    This is v4! Well, at least that's what we call it.

    I have a good feeling about the next version. Those devs working on it are pretty awesome.

  • User profile image
    exoteric

    Sampy said:
    Kryptos said:
    *snip*

    This is v4! Well, at least that's what we call it.

    I have a good feeling about the next version. Those devs working on it are pretty awesome.

    Are we weeks or months away from Rev9? Smiley

  • User profile image
    Sampy

    exoteric said:
    Sampy said:
    *snip*

    Are we weeks or months away from Rev9? Smiley

    The clouds gather.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.