Coffeehouse Thread

30 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Preview the New Channel 9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    intelman

Silverlight is a pain in the butt because of this "detecting thing" It is almost impossible to use alternative browsers because of this. LAME.

The color scheme should be black and white. The colors just do not look right. Lets keep it simple and clean. Other than those issues, it seems pretty good.

• User profile image
    spivonious

jamie said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

thanks guys ... i was 39 when i joined this site Smiley

edit:  time flys when youre having fun

flies even Wink Happy Birthday!

I haven't checked out the new site for long, but I did notice that once a video is playing that I get no controls popping up on a mouseover.

Nevermind, I get controls here on my XP machine.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

I think I'm going to miss the 'Forums' menu as it's now a button. I often jump from Coffeehouse to Techoff using the menu, but now I'll have to navigate back to the 'Forums' page and click a second time.

Herbie

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I'm not a fan of the blue. I'm too used to C9 having a lot of warm reds and yellows - it reminds me of legos somehow, which seems more appropriate for a developer oriented site.

I also don't like how the forums menu is a button...it seems a lot of 1-click interactions have become 2+ clicks in the preview.

• User profile image
    Larsenal

I think the red stars need to be toned down quite a bit.  I don't think they need as much visual weight.  Instead, I'd want the content titles to really be clear.

The advertisement block needs to be toned down a lot.

The Channel9 guy isn't pixel perfect around the edges.

I can appreciate the move toward simplicity, but something still feels a little off design-wise.  For example, the width of the Twitter and "What is C9?" columns feel off.

On the home page I see 3 completely different styles of horizontal rule: light grey solid, thick grey (in "Community Activity") and dotted black under the bottom headings.  This makes things feel disjointed.

• User profile image
    kettch

It feels like ther is too much white. I like the current color scheme because it has richer, more comfortable feel. The new theme is stark and all of the white is jarring. Also, I don't think that there is enough to visually seperate the different elements on the page, especially in a thread.

• User profile image
    Charles

kettch said:

It feels like ther is too much white. I like the current color scheme because it has richer, more comfortable feel. The new theme is stark and all of the white is jarring. Also, I don't think that there is enough to visually seperate the different elements on the page, especially in a thread.

All great feedback, Niners!! Please create bugs/feature requests here: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1133 

That way, you can participate in a voting process that WILL decide which features get added, etc. You have the power. Use it! Smiley

C

• User profile image
    kettch

Charles said:
    kettch said:
    *snip*

All great feedback, Niners!! Please create bugs/feature requests here: https://connect.microsoft.com/site1133 

That way, you can participate in a voting process that WILL decide which features get added, etc. You have the power. Use it! Smiley

C

I get a "page not found" from that URL.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

kettch said:

+1, the current c9 is very nice for looking at for extended periods of time, the black on faint grey gives a good contrast, while not being as bright as white would be.

• User profile image
    CKurt

GoddersUK said:
    kettch said:
    *snip*

+1, the current c9 is very nice for looking at for extended periods of time, the black on faint grey gives a good contrast, while not being as bright as white would be.

http://preview.channel9.msdn.com not working for anybody else? currently redirecting to old site?

• User profile image
    MasterPi

CKurt said:
    GoddersUK said:
    *snip*

http://preview.channel9.msdn.com not working for anybody else? currently redirecting to old site?

It's redirecting. They're probably pushing out an update.

• User profile image
    androidi

The Preview (/ the op) needs a disclaimer "Just a preview of functionality, not the final theme/look" if it's not the final look. The first impression: "Looks too generic, needs a graphics designer to work the theme and details in layout. Lack personality that has been a strength". I've already mentioned in another thread that I would avoid solid teal anywhere unless it's going to be some big theme built around that color and c9 has not been about teal so far tbh I'd not go there...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.