Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Goodbye (V4!!)...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

...V4! Smiley

I just wanted to let you know that I am spending most of my time on the preview site to accomplish a few tasks:

1) Get a feel for using it

2) Based on 1, provide detailed feedback, feature/user experience suggestions and bug reports

3) Experience the future of Channel 9 (and this goes for content, too - not just application behavior - it's coming...).

4) Fly this plane with the best passengers in the world: Niners

See you over there,

C

EDIT: Changed the title to be sneaky.. Link to Preview site: http://preview.channel9.msdn.com/"> http://preview.channel9.msdn.com

• User profile image
    CKurt

Also using the preview most of the time.

See you at the other side !

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

I was getting all marmy about the subject of this thread. Glad you're still a C9 mage. Happy happy joy joy.

• User profile image
    Charles

JohnAskew said:

I was getting all marmy about the subject of this thread. Glad you're still a C9 mage. Happy happy joy joy.

It was my attempt at hoping to get folks to read the thread and then test the heck out Rev9. Keep logging bugs and requests. We may not have been clear about the meaning of preview in this case: you can help shape it the final release into an experience the suits your needs. For the most art, I think we nailed the UX, but I will be honest and say there  some things we missed... Your feedback on Connects will help us ensure we launch Channel 9 Next with the highest possible quality and UX. Speak your minds. Be detailed. Be honest, most importantly.

Thank you on behalf of all us.

C

• User profile image
    figuerres

Charles said:
    JohnAskew said:
    *snip*

It was my attempt at hoping to get folks to read the thread and then test the heck out Rev9. Keep logging bugs and requests. We may not have been clear about the meaning of preview in this case: you can help shape it the final release into an experience the suits your needs. For the most art, I think we nailed the UX, but I will be honest and say there  some things we missed... Your feedback on Connects will help us ensure we launch Channel 9 Next with the highest possible quality and UX. Speak your minds. Be detailed. Be honest, most importantly.

Thank you on behalf of all us.

C

WOW.... well you sure got me to see if you were quiting MS based on the subject line.

but i have to say that while your intent was good that was a "Dirty Trick"

I think you could have just used a less leading subject but still got us to read it man.

Boo on you Sad

• User profile image
    Charles

figuerres said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

WOW.... well you sure got me to see if you were quiting MS based on the subject line.

but i have to say that while your intent was good that was a "Dirty Trick"

I think you could have just used a less leading subject but still got us to read it man.

Boo on you Sad

Fair enough... Sorry.

C

• User profile image
    CKurt

Charles said:
    figuerres said:
    *snip*

Fair enough... Sorry.

C

It is a shame tough that the preview site is not updated as fast as the current site. Also a shame the coffehouse thread are not in sync (altough I can understand that one on a technical point).

Ik would like to ONLY visit the preview to really know how it feels. But that won't work.

PS: since I tried user CSS on the preview, I can't delete the user CSS due to a bug (that has been filled allready, not by me). so the site now looks ugle when I visit it.

• User profile image
    Charles

CKurt said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*

It is a shame tough that the preview site is not updated as fast as the current site. Also a shame the coffehouse thread are not in sync (altough I can understand that one on a technical point).

Ik would like to ONLY visit the preview to really know how it feels. But that won't work.

PS: since I tried user CSS on the preview, I can't delete the user CSS due to a bug (that has been filled allready, not by me). so the site now looks ugle when I visit it.

Sorry about that. That bug will be fixed! In the meantime, just leave one selector that does nothing and delete the rest. That should solve the issue for now, right?
    C

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

I don't like the design, can I provide feedback offline? I'm a niner after all Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

Ion Todirel said:

I don't like the design, can I provide feedback offline? I'm a niner after all Smiley

Of course you can!

C

• User profile image
    Harlequin

This would be a perfect thread if it had a link for those that don't know the Url Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

Harlequin said:

This would be a perfect thread if it had a link for those that don't know the Url Smiley

http://preview.channel9.msdn.com

C

• User profile image
    exoteric

Plus Connect for bug reports and feature suggestions.

• User profile image
    Charles

It's pretty lonely over there (http://preview.channel9.msdn.com). Please create new threads there and really use the site - it's the future.

C

• User profile image
    Erisan

Not sure if this is a proper thread to whine, but here we go ...

This is not a bug nor suggestion but I must say that I like the current C9 better. I think the new one is way too white and bright. Current brownish color scheme is much more easier to eyes and I think it looks really good too with mixed orange/gray colors. Just an opinion ...

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

Charles said:

It's pretty lonely over there (http://preview.channel9.msdn.com). Please create new threads there and really use the site - it's the future.

C

Needs the coffee house to update quicker between the live site and the preview site....  they delay is far to long.

the new c9 seems slow as well (I'm in the UK).

• User profile image
    davewill

Charles said:

C

As a dev I'm assuming anything done on the preview site is test and eventually (or repeatadly) gets wipped with LIVE data.  I can't imagine the dev team having to sync in both directions while also filtering out the test garbage.  That seems like a tedious manual job.  Doesn't the dev team have enough on their plate without MUST KEEP data posted on the preview site?

• User profile image
    CKurt

Charles said:

C

Leaving one tagg that does nothing does not help, still get an error. Can't remove/update the user css.

To encourage the use of the preview site one would indeed need more syncing of the data with the live data.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.