Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Screenshots of Windows Forms 2.0

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jeffsand

Today from Chris Sell's Spoutlet we find that the Windows Forms team has posted some sweet screenshots and overviews of the major new features in Windows Forms 2.0, including two Chris hadn't heard about before:

This is in additional to all of the other cool stuff, like a .NET WebBrowser wrapper, the new DataGridView, the strip controls, even more flexible layout, ClickOnce deployment (Chris's personal favorite) and more.

• User profile image
    Stepaniuk

Cool!

Nice to see some really useful controls are now baked into the Framework.  The only concern i have is why didn't Microsoft include controls like the MaskedEditBox into v1.0 or v1.1 of the Framework?

The other controls are really cool.  Very Office 2003ish.

• User profile image
    eto

I am LOVING it. Finally, a truly usable framework for making quite complex applications. MFC was half-baked at best, and only catered to the simple application building. Making complex apps could be done, but needed OODLES of code! My only question though, does the new toolbar/menubar functionality (VERY cool and wonderful, btw!) include the user-drag/drop functionality for placing them on the window? If not, no biggie, but I know this is one thing that a LOT of developers would just drool over (myself included) considering it has been part of MFC for a long while.. However, come to think about it, it is not really as big of a deal as developers make it out to be... (: Dockable controls would be cool though (to be built in), like the Magic Library.. (www.dotnetmagic.com) Cheers, Curtis. (please, make the carraige returns 'stick' when using non-IE browsers to post! ugh)

• User profile image
    mikekol

Looks really cool guys, except "Microsoft" is spelled wrong in the URL of the Web Browser component graphic.Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Sampy

Look at that gorgeous ClickOnce publishing wizard!

I'd sure like to meet the developer who works on that! Wink

• User profile image
    BruceLee

That's cool and interesting. I like the web browser control and the strip controls very much.
    Well done!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.