Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

So I decided I want a tablet

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

Bas said:
    SlackmasterK said:
    *snip*

How does it perform when running Onenote? That's pretty much the main thing I'd use it for.

Also how is using Onenote on one of those things in general? Is the screen size a problem? Is the tablet way of working with Onenote worth it?

First thing I do when I come in to work, put Tablet on the dock and fire it up, is open OneNote Smiley

OneNote doesn't have much of a footprint to it in terms of needing tons of CPU/RAM. Only issue you might come across is video playback, and on my Motion LE1600 it's a bit choppy when I have a HD YouTube video on fullscreen. Though I'm sure the J series from Motion is a lot better for that.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Bas said:
    SlackmasterK said:
    *snip*

How does it perform when running Onenote? That's pretty much the main thing I'd use it for.

Also how is using Onenote on one of those things in general? Is the screen size a problem? Is the tablet way of working with Onenote worth it?

OneNote works great on it.  The only slow thing so far is when you run the handwriting recognition.  Easily solved with the keyboard, or in my case by running a shared network notebook and doing the typing on the desktop (because eee has small keyboards and my desk is already clutterred).

Screen size is fine.  Strangely, the 9" screen in landscape mode can match the width of the notebook on a 22" Dell widescreen in Portrait mode... Just leads to a lot of scrolling.  But it supports two finger swipe so scrolling is no problem.

Yes, it's worth it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to deal with using the desktop anymore.  Unless I buy a Wacom too...

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

SlackmasterK said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

OneNote works great on it.  The only slow thing so far is when you run the handwriting recognition.  Easily solved with the keyboard, or in my case by running a shared network notebook and doing the typing on the desktop (because eee has small keyboards and my desk is already clutterred).

Screen size is fine.  Strangely, the 9" screen in landscape mode can match the width of the notebook on a 22" Dell widescreen in Portrait mode... Just leads to a lot of scrolling.  But it supports two finger swipe so scrolling is no problem.

Yes, it's worth it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to deal with using the desktop anymore.  Unless I buy a Wacom too...

Turns out the pc came with a virus on it.  MSE removed it with no problems, but that doesn't speak well to Asus and the software they chose to bundle.

• User profile image
    Neurofiend

I have an Asus T91 eee pc. It has a touch screen and runs a full version of Windows.

It comes with Windows 7 now. I picked it up when they were still packaging it with XP, so I have no idea how well it runs on Win7. I imagine it is fairly decent as Win7 actually put some thought into touch interfacing.

I've read that you can get a version of it that has built in 3g support and GPS, but I'll be damned if I was able to find it, and of course it has bluetooth and USB (I don't think it's possible to get a device that doesn't have one of the two).

I absolutely love mine. I've never tried to take notes on it, so if you want it for that purpose you may want to do some hands on first. I mainly use it as a universal EBook reader, watching videos from my network (DLNA ftw), and some lightweight surfing. They actually have websites dedicated to netbook gaming, but I've yet to run across a game for windows that was well suited to a touch screen.

It might be worth at least checking out.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.