Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

outlook 2010 - anyone having disappearing issues?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

i like the new threading feature in outlook

but almost 4 times now - when ive been asked to re-send something - and it has been moved to threaded view - when i look in sent items - it is not there....  or it is there - but the attachement - sent item is borked/missing

is this a known bug (like im going to go check in the real place) or is it by design?

• User profile image
    jamie

bump - only because im not lying

• User profile image
    Charles

jamie said:

bump - only because im not lying

Don't understand what you're asking... Can you be clearer? What does "when ive been asked to re-send something - and it has been moved to threaded view -" mean?

C

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Charles said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

Don't understand what you're asking... Can you be clearer? What does "when ive been asked to re-send something - and it has been moved to threaded view -" mean?

C

It's probably some Beatles reference Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

Charles said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*

C

Someone has put LSD in the maple syrup up there Smiley

Jamie in threaded view nothing actually moves, Outlook just keeps a track of where replies etc. are. So sent items are still in sent items, if you move something from the inbox to a folder, and another reply comes in then the tread will appear in your inbox, but the things you moved will still here where you moved them too.

And I've never seen attachments go missing like that.

• User profile image
    Dan

I think I may know what you're referring to. When you delete a conversation, it deletes all messages in that conversation, including the sent messages. I don't know of a way to turn off deleting the sent message Sad

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Dan said:

I think I may know what you're referring to. When you delete a conversation, it deletes all messages in that conversation, including the sent messages. I don't know of a way to turn off deleting the sent message Sad

Better policy: delete nothing except spam.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Dan said:

It does have a big warning the first time you do it. But then it puts them into deleted items, until you empty that

• User profile image
    Pace

W3bbo said:
    Dan said:
    *snip*

Better policy: delete nothing except spam.

haha, that totally depends on how friendly you are with your sys / network admin  Wink

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Pace said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

haha, that totally depends on how friendly you are with your sys / network admin  Wink

What about retention/archiving policies? A mail server should never run out of space.

• User profile image
    Pace

W3bbo said:
    Pace said:
    *snip*

What about retention/archiving policies? A mail server should never run out of space.

I'm not saying it should but again, that's down to the network / sys admin coupled with the business rules.

But Delete nothing, Isn't always practical for small enterprise. That's why we have CMS systems / bespoke databases. You dont have to be in people's inbox's to see correspondence for customers, suppliers etc.

Personally I only have items which are relevant to what projects I'm working on at any given time in my inbox. But that's just me  Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

Pace said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

I'm not saying it should but again, that's down to the network / sys admin coupled with the business rules.

But Delete nothing, Isn't always practical for small enterprise. That's why we have CMS systems / bespoke databases. You dont have to be in people's inbox's to see correspondence for customers, suppliers etc.

Personally I only have items which are relevant to what projects I'm working on at any given time in my inbox. But that's just me  Smiley

no .. it is not that..

again ... im not lying...

"send me this" - done.  moves to threaded view - later ..." send me this again" - ok....  go to sent items... not there - go to inbox threaded arrow - open arrow - view threads - attachments gone - or borked

is it just me is having this? ok - ill re-install and try again

never happened BEFORE threaded view - moving of your posts....

?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.