Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

What's going on with Media Center?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    magicalclick

Anyone know what happen to my Media Center? I used to watch movie trailers and there are tons of other channels on it. But now, I got none. What's going on?

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    fabian

It's still there ... assuming that you are not running win 7 business or some other SKU that does not include MCE.
    Check : Control Panel --> Programs  --> Turn Windows Feature on or off --> Media Features --> Windows Media Center

• User profile image
    andokai

You may have changed your region which dictates what shows up in there.

• User profile image
    spivonious

fabian said:

It's still there ... assuming that you are not running win 7 business or some other SKU that does not include MCE.
    Check : Control Panel --> Programs  --> Turn Windows Feature on or off --> Media Features --> Windows Media Center

All Win7 skus (except Home Basic) have Media Center. You're thinking of Vista.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

spivonious said:
    fabian said:
    *snip*

All Win7 skus (except Home Basic) have Media Center. You're thinking of Vista.

All Windows 7 SKUs have Media Center.  It's not installed by default on the business SKUs (Business and Enterprise); it has to be added after installation as described.

• User profile image
    magicalclick

andokai said:

You may have changed your region which dictates what shows up in there.

Thanks, good suggestion, I think I have changed region recently or something. I should double check.

(I have media center, I just don't have the channels anymore).

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    spivonious

CannotResolveSymbol said:
    spivonious said:
    *snip*

All Windows 7 SKUs have Media Center.  It's not installed by default on the business SKUs (Business and Enterprise); it has to be added after installation as described.

Ah, you learn something new every day. Smiley

• User profile image
    fabian

spivonious said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*

Ah, you learn something new every day. Smiley

I can only say the same Smiley

Regarding changing the region. The EPG Guide i MCE i working together with your regional settings. When you configure MCE you have to specifify your zipcode and the seems to be no longer valid after changing region. Try run the MCE setup again.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.