Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windows Live Mesh -> Sync -> Mesh

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    DCMonkey

Hey look, another name change.

Supposedly the change is because it can do more than just sync files and folders, even though the only thing it does besides sync files and folders is provide remote desktop, which could have easily been presented as a separate app (ie: Windows Live Remote Desktop).

• User profile image
    ManipUni

I cannot decide if this is funny or not. I love Live Mesh, great remote desktop, I use it often. Won't use the file sync bits until they fix the "opps I deleted tons of your stuff" bugs. Plus even when it does work correctly it isn't a replacement for something like Crash Plan unfortunately.

Microsoft's backup bits (excluding Home Server) are fairly weak.

• User profile image
    CKurt

Well they changed the name of a bèta product. I like the name change, because Live Mesh really had a ring and buzz to it Wink

And we get more storage, up from 2GB to 5GB like Live Mesh was, good news. If only they now tell something about the development story of Windows Live Mesh. (like they had for Live Mesh Beta)

• User profile image
    kettch

CKurt said:

Well they changed the name of a bèta product. I like the name change, because Live Mesh really had a ring and buzz to it Wink

And we get more storage, up from 2GB to 5GB like Live Mesh was, good news. If only they now tell something about the development story of Windows Live Mesh. (like they had for Live Mesh Beta)

I hope that someday they unify all of the storage. I suppose it's not really a big deal right now, but as usage of the cloud increases, it will become more important.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.