Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Channel 9 NSFW

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jmzl666

I know this social stuff its the new cool but please can we have a site that is more Enterprise friendly?, at my work Facebook, twitter and all that stuff are blocked and its a pain to download any video.

The browser (Firefox and IE) get stuck in api.facebook or twitmeme.com and I have to hit reload like 20 times to see the download links (I can't watch it online).

I know a second page with no social stuff is too much to ask but at least can you put the social stuff at the end of the page so the important stuff gets rendered first?

Thanks.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Put those domains in the Untrusted website list and see if it helps.

• User profile image
    Blue Ink

Have you tried the RSS feed? That should give you a clean download link for the videos without all the social network links.

• User profile image
    jmzl666

ZippyV said:

Put those domains in the Untrusted website list and see if it helps.

That helped in IE.

Thanks.

• User profile image
    jmzl666

Blue Ink said:

Have you tried the RSS feed? That should give you a clean download link for the videos without all the social network links.

Any recommendations for a RSS Reader?, the last time I use one was a while a go and the damn thing didn't let me download files directly, I had to go to the page to download the media.

• User profile image
    spivonious

jmzl666 said:
    Blue Ink said:
    *snip*

Any recommendations for a RSS Reader?, the last time I use one was a while a go and the damn thing didn't let me download files directly, I had to go to the page to download the media.

IE8's built-in reader gives direct video download links for C9's feeds.

• User profile image
    wkempf

jmzl666 said:
    Blue Ink said:
    *snip*

http://www.google.com/reader

• User profile image
    ManipUni

Install RequestPolcy on Firefox (which everyone should have anyway). You'll never have to worry about any of those on any site ever again. I am blocking 4 off-site requests from C9 right now.

• User profile image
    jmzl666

ManipUni said:

Install RequestPolcy on Firefox (which everyone should have anyway). You'll never have to worry about any of those on any site ever again. I am blocking 4 off-site requests from C9 right now.

Thanks, thats exactly what i needed for Firefox.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

jmzl666 said:
    ManipUni said:
    *snip*

Thanks, thats exactly what i needed for Firefox.

AdBlock does pretty much the same thing, but you'd need to add them manually.

• User profile image
    ManipUni

W3bbo said:
    jmzl666 said:
    *snip*

AdBlock does pretty much the same thing, but you'd need to add them manually.

They definitely work on the same principle, but have different default policies. RequestPolicy just bans any cross-site requests by default, which often includes Ads, Hijack Attempts, Facebook spying, Google spying, etc. I'm likely invisible relative to most people when I surf.

I feel bad about blocking Google's Analytics or similar, but frankly don't want Google knowing exactly which sites I visit in exacting order.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.