Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS LightSwitch and MySQL

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    CKurt

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.2.html#downloads

Has anybody tried to use Visual Studio LightSwitch to connect to MySQL databases ? I'm trying to get it to work to do some basic CRUD operations via een simple GUI, but the connector does not show up. They do say it should be possible.

• User profile image
    CKurt

NeverMind!

I got it working with the new beta release of the connector. It now works pretty well. But I do get some error's. LightSwitch does not support nested transaction (altough I don't get why it would need it, but that is the error I get. And also it can not convert Mysql DataTime objects to System.DateTime witch gives an error.

• User profile image
    Charles

CKurt said:

NeverMind!

I got it working with the new beta release of the connector. It now works pretty well. But I do get some error's. LightSwitch does not support nested transaction (altough I don't get why it would need it, but that is the error I get. And also it can not convert Mysql DataTime objects to System.DateTime witch gives an error.

Please post this on the LightSwitch forums on MSDN, as well...
    C

• User profile image
    CKurt

Charles said:
    CKurt said:
    *snip*

Please post this on the LightSwitch forums on MSDN, as well...
    C

Done !

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.