Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Revolution is coming ...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ian2

Steve Balmer emergies from the sunset shouting 'Developers, Developers, Developers'

Window Phone 7 / Lawrence of Arabia commercial ... "The Revolution is Coming" http://bit.ly/9SVVDq

• User profile image
    W3bbo

The advert is good, and I love the music, but they ruined it by self-proclaiming itself as a "revolution", that's for the newspaper columnists to decide. Apple gets away with calling their latest products 'revolutionary' because they're practically assured market success, but WP7 is just another current-generation smartphone platform, it would be revolutionary if Android or iPhone never existed, but both of them got there first.

• User profile image
    Bas

I'm kind of disappointed that Ballmer did not actually emerge from the sunset.

• User profile image
    Charles

It's a commercial (commercials and ads tend to be mostly meaningless imagery and sound, anyway....). What's the source of this add? Did MS have anything to do with it? Seems pretty amateurish to me (I mean, would we really use the dev emulation phone UI as the revolutionary device that dwells in the desert?).

At any rate, WP7 is a revolution, W3bbo, in terms of Microsoft's mobile computing offering... It's like nothing else we have ever done before.

C

• User profile image
    Ian2

Charles said:

It's a commercial (commercials and ads tend to be mostly meaningless imagery and sound, anyway....). What's the source of this add? Did MS have anything to do with it? Seems pretty amateurish to me (I mean, would we really use the dev emulation phone UI as the revolutionary device that dwells in the desert?).

At any rate, WP7 is a revolution, W3bbo, in terms of Microsoft's mobile computing offering... It's like nothing else we have ever done before.

C

The source is a wierd kind of club in London called 'Secret Cinema'.  Something to do with Microsoft over here whereby films are shown in different places accross London, with the locations announced via texts (I think) at the last minute.

I'm not in London so some of the above is just my (possibly dodgy) understanding.

Just found this link:

www.secretcinema.org

My own take on WP7 is very positive.  I'm lucky enough to have a developer device - which is great.

(tempted to say 'awesome', but I am British) . 

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.