Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Longhorn - build 4074 - screenshots

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Vinnie Connare

UI Controls... what did you do with my Marlett.ttf?

Me and JeffBog worked very hard to fix it.. is it now gone?

vincentc....ex.

• User profile image
    jamie

re - weevil

yes i always thought it weird they never used "Open Windows" and - "Close Windows"

• User profile image
    miies

warren wrote:

No, seriously... try it right now.  Right-click on your 'My Documents' folder, and choose Rename.  You can do this with all the other 'My' names, too, even ones that don't represent real folders on your system (e.g. My Network Places).

On a sidenote, on W2K renaming these things causes the corresponding hyperlinks in Explorer's left pane to no longer function. I just recently discovered that, dunno if it's fixed in XP and 2003 (I don't run either one of them, skipping products till Longhorn..)

• User profile image
    SuperRob

Dunno if any of you have see yet, but you can enable the Desktop Composition Engine (now Desktop Window Manager) in 4074.  The 3D effects are outstanding, and don't use a lot of resources if you've got a decent DX9-level card.

Still a lot of work to be done, but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.

FYI: Those explorer resource leaks can be fixed or minimized.  You can indeed close the Sidebar, and it's what's causing the leak.

http://www.nextl3vel.net/Chris123NT/4074/LHGuide.html

• User profile image
    object88

warren wrote:
    No, seriously... try it right now.  Right-click on your 'My Documents' folder, and choose Rename.  You can do this with all the other 'My' names, too, even ones that don't represent real folders on your system (e.g. My Network Places).

Well, I'll be damned!  It worked on my XP Pro machine.  You're absolutely right.  Thank you.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.