Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I need a new RSS aggregator

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

I've been using Bloglines to read RSS, sadly the service will be shutting down at the end of the month (http://blog.ask.com/2010/09/bloglines-update.html).

Hence I will need a new feed reader, and I'm hoping you guys can give me some suggestions. I'm open to either web based or desktop based solutions (although if desktop based it would be nice if it could sync my feeds to the cloud so that I can easily retrieve them from another location). I'm not a huge fan of browser based "Live Bookmark" type solutions as I've had too many experience of browser updates going wrong and wiping them, also they're not particularly practical for more than 3-4 feeds.

• User profile image
    blowdart

You can do syncing to google reader from FeedDemon, but I've given up on RSS now. Too many days of "Mark all as read"

• User profile image
    kettch

I've been very happy with Outlook as my feed reader. I don't have to go anywhere else. It picks up feeds that I subscribe to from IE. I created a search folder that only shows unread items, and I have that in the favorites. When I notice that there's new items, I can scan through the list quickly and read the ones I want. I can then mark the rest as read, and they all disappear. I've got about 100 subscriptions, and so far Outlook is meeting my needs.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

blowdart said:

You can do syncing to google reader from FeedDemon, but I've given up on RSS now. Too many days of "Mark all as read"

You're getting old. Wink

• User profile image
    Harlequin

blowdart said:

++ FeedDemon

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Harlequin said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*

++ FeedDemon

Thanks guys, I'm trying it out right now Smiley

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

GoddersUK said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

Thanks guys, I'm trying it out right now Smiley

The migration process was brilliant - it was even able to pull my subscriptions across from Bloglines, once I'd given it my username and password, which saved me mucking about with export/import options Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.