Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Win7 Dual Core Dell Tablet

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ian2

Wow, that looks incredibly cool and (almost paradoxically) useful!

All it needs in a keyboard - WHAT - it has a keyboard as well?

WOOT!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/14/dell-inspiron-duo-tablet-netbook-hybrid-unveiled-with-rotating/

• User profile image
    AndyC

That is just awesome. I have to get me one of those. Big Smile

• User profile image
    Bas

The form-factor is cool, but kind of gimmicky. Why not just use a traditional tablet swivel-hinge and remove the need for that huge bezel? Responsiveness was absolutely terrible. That globe demo was dismal.

I don't know. Neat, but nothing to get super-excited about in my opinion.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Bas said:

The form-factor is cool, but kind of gimmicky. Why not just use a traditional tablet swivel-hinge and remove the need for that huge bezel? Responsiveness was absolutely terrible. That globe demo was dismal.

I don't know. Neat, but nothing to get super-excited about in my opinion.

I also noticed that the responsiveness was less than optimal. The guy that handled the device was apparently used to the device not always responding: at one point the device reacts immediately, but he still has the reflex to try again. Not a good sign.

And why does a touch-screen have a mouse pointer?

About the bezel: how would you hold the device (in tablet mode) if it didn't have one?

• User profile image
    Bas

I'm not saying it can't have a bezel, but this has a HUGE bezel. The black bezel around the screen is large enough for holding, but the red frame it's in is just as wide, making the total twice as wide as necessary.

• User profile image
    Ian2

TommyCarlier said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

I also noticed that the responsiveness was less than optimal. The guy that handled the device was apparently used to the device not always responding: at one point the device reacts immediately, but he still has the reflex to try again. Not a good sign.

And why does a touch-screen have a mouse pointer?

About the bezel: how would you hold the device (in tablet mode) if it didn't have one?

Yep, they have to get the responsivness thing sorted or not release it until they do. 

My guess (hope) is that this is a pre-production glitch.

If it sits in a dock then maybe battery life isn't as big a deal, though 4 hours minimum would be nice.

But his thing would have a real home in my home (wife is sick of laptop(s) in the lounge). 

• User profile image
    dentaku

I like the design but like all netbooks, it's slow. There was very little smoothness or snappyness in that at all.

I've been spoiled by all those nice Windows Phone 7 demos that work so smoothly.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.