Coffeehouse Thread

47 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

C9 ... I will miss you

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    lenn

I see that many people have started to catch on to the news that I have decided to make some changes in life along with my family and am moving on from Microsoft after almost 8 years with the company.

First of all I want to thank all of you for making my last year here amazing.  We all took part in an experiment together, we all shared something of ourselves, we all had some good times, it was something unique between a company and its customers.  The team and the community have worked hard together to make this not just a novelty but a living breathing resource for each other to learn from.  Simply amazing to see the evolution. 

Many people have already started to read into this move and draw conclusions that Channel 9 is going to shut down, that Microsoft did something to me or that there was a deep conflict on the team.  That couldn't be further from the truth.  The Channel 9 team will move over to Jeff Sandquist and continue as is.  Jeff was a founder of the site and a long time partner and friend of mine at Microsoft.  It is great to see C9 stay in the family.  Microsoft and I had no falling out, I made some personal decisions based on some life goals.  I remain a Microsoft customer and partner at Skype. 

I wanted to personally thank you all for your passion, respect, and most of all support of C9 and Microsoft.  I hope we cross paths again one day in my new role at Skype and that you consider giving it a try, its a great Windows application. 

A deep thanks to Scoble, Charles, Jeff, and Bryn who brought this site to life and give it is daily pulse and vibrancy.  They deserve all of the credit for delivering on an idea and making it succeed, without them C9 would have just been another concept. 

Stay in touch all, I will be around C9.

Yours,
    lenn

• User profile image
    Arran

All the best in the future!

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Farewell and good luck with your endeavours and new career path! You will be missed! Be sure to drop by now and then and let us know about the cool stuff you're working on... if you can Wink

• User profile image
    Manip

As I said in another post, remove that Microsoft tag from your account and continue on as a regular. You *are* a Microsoft customer now after all. Smiley

• User profile image
    Maurits

Oy... that could be difficult to implement.  How do you tell the forum software to "show a Microsoft logo for all Lenn's posts PRIOR TO" X date?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Now Lenn is one of us.

And don't forget to drive on the left side of the road when you're in the uk!

• User profile image
    harumscarum

good luck. Sorry you have to go to the UK Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Rossj

Congratulations Lenn. You've done what is right for you and your family - I think it would be fairly hard for anyone to criticise that. However you are bringing them over to England, may I humbly suggest you pack extra waterproofs Wink

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

As others have said...good luck in your new endeavor at Skype...hope the move goes smoothly for everybody...and feel free to "drive-by" post here once in a while, too...

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

I wish you all the best in your new home-to-be, Lenn!

Please keep comin' back here and let us be part of this great new opportunity of yours.

Be sure to pack an umbrella though, 'cause of  the rainy, british weather. Tongue Out

Once again, all the best!!

Btw, you (and the others of cause) did a unbelievable job in creating this site. This is one of the many things (i assume) you can be incredibly proud of, as long as you live!!

• User profile image
    littleguru

All the best for your future. Perhaps you could come and visit us some times Smiley

• User profile image
    eagle

Don’t be a stranger Lenn, keep us posted on your journey.

Skype me: condor7

• User profile image
    Charles

Maurits wrote:

Oy... that could be difficult to implement.  How do you tell the forum software to "show a Microsoft logo for all Lenn's posts PRIOR TO" X date?

It's actually trivial given that the logo tagging is a runtime operation. So, when he changes his email (which I will do for him since it can't be done by a user...) there will no longer be an MS chicklet on any of his posts.

C

• User profile image
    Maurits

Sure... what I was hoping though was that there would be a way to do it that would show the logo for posts he posted while he was a Microsoft employee, and not show the logo for posts he posted while he was not.

The same issue, backwards, would occur if an existing Channel9 user is hired by Microsoft.

That gets tricky.  Especially if someone leaves... and comes back... and leaves again... and comes back again...

• User profile image
    leighsword

i am sorry have to say that there are no futrue with Skype.

1.the skype is replaceable,for example,MSN Messager(yahoo Messager) all can do what the skype did(webcam).

2.the skype is not free to comunicate with fixed-line(traditional telephone) and mobile.

3.most of users used to traditional telephone.

• User profile image
    iStation

Dear Lenn;
    Many thanks for creating C9 in MS.
    I'll give you this word.

守破離創
    Keep, Break, Leave, Create!
    Bon voyage!
    Smiley
    PS. pls encode with UTF-8

• User profile image
    pikatung

leighsword wrote:

2.the skype is not free to comunicate with fixed-line(traditional telephone) and mobile.

But far, far cheaper.

• User profile image
    leighsword

iStation wrote:
    Dear Lenn;
    Many thanks for creating C9 in MS.
    I'll give you this word.

守破離創
    Keep, Break, Leave, Create!
    Bon voyage!

PS. pls encode with UTF-8

守破离创
    stay,destroy,leave,construct

Lenn, did you destory the MS before you leave?
    i'am joking, never mind.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.