I see that many people have started to catch on to the news that I have decided to make some changes in life along with my family and am moving on from Microsoft after almost 8 years with the company.

First of all I want to thank all of you for making my last year here amazing.  We all took part in an experiment together, we all shared something of ourselves, we all had some good times, it was something unique between a company and its customers.  The team and the community have worked hard together to make this not just a novelty but a living breathing resource for each other to learn from.  Simply amazing to see the evolution. 

Many people have already started to read into this move and draw conclusions that Channel 9 is going to shut down, that Microsoft did something to me or that there was a deep conflict on the team.  That couldn't be further from the truth.  The Channel 9 team will move over to Jeff Sandquist and continue as is.  Jeff was a founder of the site and a long time partner and friend of mine at Microsoft.  It is great to see C9 stay in the family.  Microsoft and I had no falling out, I made some personal decisions based on some life goals.  I remain a Microsoft customer and partner at Skype. 

I wanted to personally thank you all for your passion, respect, and most of all support of C9 and Microsoft.  I hope we cross paths again one day in my new role at Skype and that you consider giving it a try, its a great Windows application. 

A deep thanks to Scoble, Charles, Jeff, and Bryn who brought this site to life and give it is daily pulse and vibrancy.  They deserve all of the credit for delivering on an idea and making it succeed, without them C9 would have just been another concept. 

Stay in touch all, I will be around C9.

Yours,
lenn