Coffeehouse Thread

39 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

C9 Park: Job's Ego -SUNshine Boys -Ellison's Island -Paris Scoble-Gates

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    NetRyder

jamie wrote:
    stitch posted this - which ive been using
    http://www.adminhell.de/c9park/

Ah, perfect! Smiley

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Hey Jamie? Can you make an inverse silver avatar template? (with the flag and country on the top) I'd really appreciate it. Also, I'm not using the silver template because the flag spot is too big can it be more slim?

These cartoons crack me up Big Smile
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

You guys are just so great! I can't wait for you to see Aero and see what you do with that!

• User profile image
    jamie

• User profile image
    Minh

Ha ha. I actually fell asleep during "The architect" sequence. The metaphysical discussion just lost me. Hmmm...  Perhaps a matrix parody? Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

yes this is the "political" cartoon of all of them

caught me Smiley

..but i loved BAM! and balmer stomping into forground

• User profile image
    jamie

Ya thats the Gates I know Wink

[cut to: bewildered Connie Chung... BG storms off]

• User profile image
    Minh

((I really did have line breaks in the design view...not sure what's happening here))
    ((I think I figured it out -- if I have any bad word in the text, all line breaks are removed -- Is this punishment for being naughty?))

The Architect - Hello, Neo.

Neo - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant.

Neo - Why am I here?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Neo - You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Others? What others? How many? Answer me!"*

The Architect - The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

*Again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Five versions? Three? I've been lied too. This is bullsh*t."*

Neo: There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Once again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "You can't control me! F*ck you! I'm going to kill you! You can't make me do anything!*

Neo - Choice. The problem is choice.

*The scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then back to the Architect's room*

The Architect - The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo - The Oracle.

The Architect - Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

Neo - This is about Zion.

The Architect - You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Neo - Bullsh*t.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Minh wrote:
    ((I really did have line breaks in the design view...not sure what's happening here))
    ((I think I figured it out -- if I have any bad word in the text, all line breaks are removed -- Is this punishment for being naughty?))

No, Charles removes all HTML code from your post when you say something naughty as a measure to prevent us from swearing.

Good work Jamie on your ability to entertain us all Smiley

[Ink signature here]
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    Minh

Loadsgood wrote:
    No, Charles removes all HTML code from your post when you say something naughty as a measure to prevent us from swearing.
    Aahh... He removes formatting to detect swearing, & if not found, keep the original formatting. If found, use transformed text, which has no formatting left.

• User profile image
    jamie

Re: "Good work Jamie on your ability to entertain us all "

thanks LG ...

i used to always want to be a cartoonist..

http://www.jgrant.com/jamie/images/aljaffee.JPG
    http://www.jgrant.com/jamie/images/charlesshultz.JPG
    http://www.jgrant.com/jamie/images/johnnyhart.JPG

i should still write to Bill Waterson...

• User profile image
    Rossj

jamie wrote:

Excuse the bluntness. What is stopping you?

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

jamie wrote:
    Re: "Good work Jamie on your ability to entertain us all "

thanks LG ...

http://www.jgrant.com/jamie/images/aljaffee.JPG
    http://www.jgrant.com/jamie/images/charlesshultz.JPG
    http://www.jgrant.com/jamie/images/johnnyhart.JPG

i should still write to Bill Waterson...

Sure you want to blatantly tell the world your address? (Check Jonnyhart picture).

Any time Jamie Smiley
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    jamie

..my address in 1976?  lol

www.grininc.ca   contact...

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Wow. Go Microsoft, cartoon style.

Best cartoon ever Wink
    Loadsgood.
  • User profile image
    Loadsgood

jamie wrote:
    ..my address in 1976?  lol

www.grininc.ca   contact...

Haha I didn't notice the date. I would be quite suprised if you hadn't of moved in 30 years...

29 to be exact,
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    jamie

im refering to making Windows the best way to run OSS

As posted before, I always see Windows running on Linux - MS should make it easy to play with linux - on windows

Ballmer agrees..in a different way
      http://news.com.com/Microsofts+Ballmer+grins+and+bears+Linux--a+little/2100-7344_3-5678221.html?tag=nl

• User profile image
    Rossj

Beer28 wrote:
    I hate to break it to you jamie, OSS isn't an app Bill Gates or whatever can make into "Microsoft's",

Erm isn't that what Apple did? Sure they did it by releasing a copy of XWindows and providing most of the libs commonly available on Linux - but in most cases now it is almost trivial to port something to OSX from Linux. Of course my use of the word trivial is probably under-stating it.

What would *you* do if Microsoft shipped GCC and a set of the the common linux libs, like Glib, GTK etc?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.