Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VBTV coming back?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    lars

Hello.
    Anyone know if there is going to be any more episodes of the Chris & Ari show? While VBTV was being a bit too whacked out at times, it was a welcome comic break from the sometimes too gray and serious MSDN/.NET Shows. I'd love to see more episodes.

Cheers,

/Lars.

• User profile image
    JoshBaltzell

I agree.  I like some of the part of .NET rocks that are a little "light on content", it reminds me of VBTV.  I really think that a format with some humor in it and some great demos is a killer app.  Especially if I can download it and watch it on my Media Center PC.

Bring back VBTV!

• User profile image
    Jorriss

Yea, VBTV kicked.  It was far more entertaining than MSDN TV.  I'm sorry MS, MSDN TV is just a cure for insomnia.

JO

• User profile image
    Sanrez

I would love to see VBTV back as well.

MSDN TV is interesting but the new format I don't really like.  Prefer it to be one movie instead of an install file.

Keith

• User profile image
    lenn

Well ... I will leave it to Bix and Chris to give the final word on this, but I have heard rumors to the effect that it is game over for VBTV.  However .... Ari just started working in the evangelism group at Microsoft and I have been talking to him about doing something cool on Channel 9.  Stay tuned.

• User profile image
    darklotus

If they bring that silly show back. Microsoft needs to come out with C#TV.  

• User profile image
    outofcoffee

VBTV Rocks!
    Bring it back...

• User profile image
    Jazzynupe

lenn wrote:
    Well ... I will leave it to Bix and Chris to give the final word on this, but I have heard rumors to the effect that it is game over for VBTV.  However .... Ari just started working in the evangelism group at Microsoft and I have been talking to him about doing something cool on Channel 9.  Stay tuned.

I hope not.... I always thought that Ari would be one of those rogue execs like Shamus with XBox... Work in the system, but not contained by it...

I loved the show... I downloaded each one... created ASX files so that the Demos started in the correct places (for the 300K feed) and watched closely for each new episode. If Ari and Chris can't do it, find SOMEBODY who can... That show was awesome... I could go braindead and still learn something cool!!

• User profile image
    lars

If there is no hope for a VBTV reunion, I hope someone else takes the ball and runs with it. Some of the VBTV was over the top but the general idea is great. Something that is both fun and educational that you can watch when the thick manuals feels just a little bit too boring.

I laughed my * off the first time I saw the spinning intro to Geek Speak. And the Toothy Tips on the String Builder is a classic on strain manip.. manipp... uh... changing, that I'll never forget.

Oh well, we'll always have the Ari Bixhorn's "Home for the hollidays" CD to ease the pain. Smiley

Cheers,

/Lars.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.