Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

OT: Comcast Fires ENTIRE TechTV Staff

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    submariner

It looks like Comcast has given everybody at TechTV the 60-day notice. TechTV's San Francisco operations will cease as of July. I don't want to hear any macfanboy junk about it, either, as this affects all geeks everywhere. It's the death of an icon. Leo Laporte details what he can in his weblog: http://leo.typepad.com/tlr/2004/05/comcast_fires_t.html

• User profile image
    JasonBunting

Other than the fact that it always sucks to see people lose jobs, I couldn't care less. Not an icon in my world . . . never seen it.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

It's sad that people have to re-apply for their jobs but aside from that I'm Happy that LEO is off tv again (second time in in 6 weeks).

Leo Laporte is no ICON

Leo Laporte is a MAC FANBOY who at times is so bias that he acts in a most unprofessional way to slam microsoft (and its users) in air and "try" to convince happy Windows users that a over priced and WAY UNDERSPEC'ED mac is better.

I Say BYE BYE LEO... I'm HAPPY to see you go.

It's not that I don't think Leo could be great but his unprofessional nature and MAC BIAS make him a unbalanced host. He should go to work for apple and everyone would be happy.

ASfor submariner, hes a mac fanboy as well, not to say anything about his really cool look... A winner in deed.

• User profile image
    submariner

Seriously, what is your problem here? All of your posts seem to bash Macs and/or Leo Laporte. Do you have any intelligent information to add to the conversation at all? Even whe i ask you to take the squabble off-board, you make personal attacks (which usually involve about three words; none of which even form a proper sentence). Here's a few questions I will pose to you: Why do you consistently bash Macs, Mac Users, and Leo Laporte? What do you do for a living? Can you provide any credibility to support your accusations? and finally, Why can't you accept that people, EVEN people at Microsoft, use Macintosh Computers on a daily basis, and quit your whining?

• User profile image
    Gambit

sad news for everyone at TechTV. Leo did post on his board that it looked like a few people may be picked up by G4, but he won't know about his status until Monday.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

You bash me just because I use and don't like macs. So I can't post about techtv without you bringing up macs.

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM.... Stay on topic.

Without ansering any "Off topic" questions lets see..

You asked "Why do you consistently bash (edited), (edited) Users, and Leo Laporte?

I don't like Leo, I find him unprofessional, so you like him and Some people like me don't - whats so wrong with that?

We don't all have to agree with you.

You asked "What do you do for a living?"

What the hell does that have to do with the topic here... **** STAY ON TOPIC ****

You asked "Can you provide any credibility to support your accusations?"

What that I don't like leo... Just because I don't agree with your feelings on Leo I DONT NEED TO DEFEND MY FEELINGS - @SS!

Then you make comments like "Do you have any intelligent information to add to the conversation at all?"

Its real clear you don't, lets just pick fights with people because they don't shere your feelings.

Your have your opinion, I have mine you little *!

**** FOR THE LOVE OF GOD *****

USE PARAGRAPHS!!  

• User profile image
    Gambit

miamijjs wrote:
    Just because I don't agree with your feelings on Leo I DONT NEED TO DEFEND MY FEELINGS - @SS!

Two thing:

1) You also don't have to express your feelings in every thread you see Leo mentioned in.

2) Your arguments would hold more weight if you didn't resort to name calling

• User profile image
    miies

Don't feed the trolls. Just ignore people who can't post normal replies.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

I know I should just not respond to him. You have to love they way "some people" feel everyone needs to agree with them . I understand that some people are not going to agree with me and thats fine.

I will save Submariner the trouble of his next mac fanboy trolling for a fight post and just post his usual bs for him.

Seriously  I’m Submariner and I have to break topic since you don’t seem to share the same exact feelings as me. Let me be a troll and not keep it on topic, you know since I don’t agree with your opinions I will pull a old apple bait and switch and ask what is your problem here? All of your posts seem to bash Macs and/or Leo Laporte and I Submariner can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t share my feelings. Since you don’t share my feelings I Submariner must ask if you have any intelligent information to add to the conversation at all? Since again you must not if all you don’t see eye to eye with me.  Even when i Submariner ask you to take the squabble off-board, you must agree with me or I will send you a Submariner sized email with no paragraphs and make personal attacks on you. I won’t keep it short because I have no life in the navy and I’m just a mac trolling around for window users to pick a fight with. I don’t even use windows as you can see from my mac fanboy webpage. Let me change the subject of this thread and bring up a post you made a month back Here's a few questions I will pose to you: Why do you consistently bash Macs (since I love them soo much I can’t understand how you may not like them as much as me. Le me not ask you in  a personal insult email and ask you on this forum  What do you do for a living, this will give me Submariner a chance to change the subject even more? You know since you don’t agree with my Submariner opinion Can you provide any credibility to support your accusations? I fully understand they are opinions but let me ask you to defend your feelings since you are on Submariner trail and can’t give your opinion without notarized proof. and finally, Why can't you accept that people, EVEN people at Microsoft, use Macintosh Computers on a daily basis, and quit your whining, again you must feel just like me or I will write a long winded apple fanboy post without the use of any paragraphs. Yes using paragraphs is way too much work and even though I’m one of the few people who fail to use paragraphs I will keep doing things my way and you need to defend your claims that paragraphs are worth doing. You know I’m always right because I’m Submariner the complete idiot mac fanboy.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.