Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

My new fave feature...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    spoofnozzle

Ok, admittedly since ASP I've always used Dreamweaver and I probably missed this on every previous iteration of the VS2005 betas I've been playing with... but I've just fallen in love with the "auto-hide" feature of the dockable IDE windows... how cool is that? -- I've only been wanting this since... oh, I dunno... VB-1?? ...LOL... now I can finally have all the stuff I need, just a mouse-move away, but it stays the hell out of my way and doesn't clutter my workspace, until I actually want it.

Thanks MS.

-- SPOOF. -- I wonder what else I'll "discover" ??

• User profile image
    leighsword

spoofnozzle wrote:
    Ok, admittedly since ASP I've always used Dreamweaver and I probably missed this on every previous iteration of the VS2005 betas I've been playing with... but I've just fallen in love with the "auto-hide" feature of the dockable IDE windows... how cool is that? -- I've only been wanting this since... oh, I dunno... VB-1?? ...LOL... now I can finally have all the stuff I need, just a mouse-move away, but it stays the hell out of my way and doesn't clutter my workspace, until I actually want it.

Thanks MS.

-- SPOOF. -- I wonder what else I'll "discover" ??

a beginer.
    i recommand you made a personal IDE replace with VS2005, that 's really cool.

• User profile image
    spoofnozzle

leighsword wrote:
    a beginer.

That's right... in fact I said as much... albeit only a beginer (sic) with VS.

Never really been interested in VS before, as I found DreamWeaver much better suited to my "Classic-ASP" development needs, and hadn't done any "WIN-APP" development for years.

I toyed with InterDEV, VS6 and then VS2003 but hated all of them.

VS2005 however... it's definitely growing on me... and now that I've finally decided to make the jump to ASP.NET... I think this is the one to make me abandon Dreamweaver.

-- SPOOF.

• User profile image
    leighsword

spoofnozzle wrote:
    leighsword wrote:a beginer.

That's right... in fact I said as much... albeit only a beginer (sic) with VS.

Never really been interested in VS before, as I found DreamWeaver much better suited to my "Classic-ASP" development needs, and hadn't done any "WIN-APP" development for years.

I toyed with InterDEV, VS6 and then VS2003 but hated all of them.

VS2005 however... it's definitely growing on me... and now that I've finally decided to make the jump to ASP.NET... I think this is the one to make me abandon Dreamweaver.

-- SPOOF.

first, you don't know how to coding ,that's why you hate VS and InterDEV.
    today,you learning lots of programming skills from  Dreamweaver(growing with the Dremweaver), that's why you like VS2005.
    summary: VS is not changed, you are changed, so your words can not be a beginer reference manual,that is  a advertisement for VS2005.

• User profile image
    spoofnozzle

leighsword wrote:
    first, you don't know how to coding ,that's why you hate VS and InterDEV.

today,you learning lots of programming skills from Dreamweaver(growing with the Dremweaver), that's why you like VS2005.

summary: VS is not changed, you are changed, so your words can not be a beginer reference manual,that is a advertisement for VS2005.

Huh?

Yep, I hated Interdev and I hated VS6 and I hated VS2003.

Doh! Of course... that means the last 25 years working as a programmer was all by dumb luck.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

-- SPOOF.

• User profile image
    leighsword

spoofnozzle wrote:

leighsword wrote:first, you don't know how to coding ,that's why you hate VS and InterDEV.

today,you learning lots of programming skills from Dreamweaver(growing with the Dremweaver), that's why you like VS2005.

summary: VS is not changed, you are changed, so your words can not be a beginer reference manual,that is a advertisement for VS2005.

Huh?

Doh! Of course... that means the last 25 years working as a programmer was all by dumb luck.

-- SPOOF.

not really, but welcome to join the Real Programmer club. Smiley

• User profile image
    Arran

leighsword wrote:
    spoofnozzle wrote:

leighsword wrote: first, you don't know how to coding ,that's why you hate VS and InterDEV.

Huh?

-- SPOOF.

not really, but welcome to join the Real Programmer club.

What a load of bullshit.

Go tell the programmers that use basic text editors that they are not 'real programmers'  a tool is just that, a tool.  What you use cant be the only way you judge if someone is a 'real programmer'.

I hated interdev as well, so i used dreamweaver for ASP dev.  However for apps i also coded in Java & C++ using various tools.

Its personal choice.

• User profile image
    spoofnozzle

Arran wrote:
    What you use cant be the only way you judge if someone is a 'real programmer'.

Exactly... gosh, if difficulty and arcane-ness (is there such a word?) of a tool were any indicator of it's user's ability, then I was a god-damn genius back when I used to program with an IBM card-punch... LOL... but I can assure you, I wrote some really crap Fortran and RPG back then...

I really like Dreamweaver for ASP development, as it just made it easier for me to get the job done... but VS2005 now appears to me as a better choice for ASP.NET development.

-- SPOOF.

• User profile image
    Arran

IMHO VS2005 is the first time MS have got ASP[.NET] dev right.

VS.net & vs2003 were ok and loads better than interdev, but it was still just a mess in comparison to DW.

However VS2005 is so much better, XHTML support, not changing loads of your html, that nice integrated web server (so no messing with IIS) and too many other really good features to mention.

However i still find myself jumping into DW to do some layout changes every now and again.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.