Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Ken DiPietro leaving Microsoft

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sathyaish Chakravarthy

Could someone please shed some light as to the reasons why Ken DiPietro is leaving Microsoft?

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sathyaish Chakravarthy wrote:
    Could someone please shed some light as to the reasons why Ken DiPietro is leaving Microsoft?

The HR director? Maybe he wanted a different challenge? Might you be reading too much into it?

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

Rossj wrote:
    Might you be reading too much into it?

I don't think he's reading anything into it. After all, he's just asking for an explanation. Wink

• User profile image
    Sathyaish Chakravarthy

I was speculating because he'd just recently joined Microsoft a few years back, and he's leaving too soon. Besides, he's the second guy at that level who's left Microsoft in the recent past.

And I sense from news reports and the background page that he was known for his generosity in policy matters. Add this to the fact that Microsoft has been actively cutting costs by doing away with certain extra employee benefits and sops.

Was it his own decision to leave Microsoft, is what I am thinking. May be someone could add some insight.

• User profile image
    Jaz

he made some unpopular descions, i don't think he was pushed out.  maybe he just feels that MS is stagnating.

• User profile image
    Tensor

One of our programmers was in HR before he went off and did an MSC in Software Engineering. He has said in the past that HR people *HATE* dealing with IT people. IT people tend to be quite forthright, and will argue and question, unlike most other employees.
    Given that - imagine being in charge of HR for a whole COMPANY of IT guys. Smiley

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

The beards and long, dark jackets alone would scare most people away..

(I kid..)

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Tensor wrote:
    One of our programmers was in HR before he went off and did an MSC in Software Engineering. He has said in the past that HR people *HATE* dealing with IT people. IT people tend to be quite forthright, and will argue and question, unlike most other employees.
    Given that - imagine being in charge of HR for a whole COMPANY of IT guys. Smiley

Tom Smykowski: Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to! I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

• User profile image
    Blkbam

Not that I want to put a damper on this topic but I don't want to see C9 turn into a gossip column. 

Why are we always trying to find some deep dark reason behind the departure of every IT employee when they leave a major company?  It's almost like they're expected to stay with the company forever. 

• User profile image
    MagusOSY

Agreed. Let's just wish him well.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.