Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

dvrs in cars?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    harumscarum

I was heading into work today and had to stop by the cleaners. As I was pulling into the cleaners an old Janes Addiction song came on and I was getting ready for my air guitar solo. Unfortunately I was already running late so I had to cut the solo and go inside to the cleaners.

I was wondering though why is it that we still do not have dvrs in cars. It would have been nice if when I got done with the cleaners and came back to my car I could of resumed the song. Maybe I am not up on my car radios but is there something out there that already does this?

--Edit - I know a dvr is for video but I was referring a dvr type device but for just audio in cars.

• User profile image
    amotif

harumscarum wrote:

--Edit - I know a dvr is for video but I was referring a dvr type device but for just audio in cars.

Yeah, shortly after I got my TiVo I found that I kept looking for the "jump back a bit" button on my car radio while absent-mindedly listening to the news. Most aggravating to find I didn't have that button in the car. Smiley

In fact, I think some car stereos that have record capability (MiniDisc or CD, I'm not sure) are able to record retroactively--starting before "now"--so that you can include the beginning of the tune/whatever that just started.

• User profile image
    MurphyB2005

Just get that iPod thingy that I hear everyone always talk about. Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.