Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Videos are too long

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    RedWolves2

OK I am finally going to say it...I don't come to this site much anymore. Why? Because the videos are way to long.  When this site first started the video's were 5-10 minutes tops.  Great little nuggets of information.

Now they are averaging about an hour in length and numbering in three to four videos a day...I might be wrong but that is the perception I get when I visit.  That would be about half my day in Channel 9 video watching...That is awesome that Microsoft is giving us this amount of videos but I don't have the time to watch them all.

I am sure people love the full length video's and I don't want to take away from that.  But can we get short segments of cool parts of the video's also? These could be targeted parts of the video that are 5-10 minutes in length.

That's just my two cents.

• User profile image
    tLat

Gotta disagree. The videos are great and with helpful hints (i.e. where to jump into a video for certain information) C9 is doing a superb job. Thanks guys!

• User profile image
    Arran

Do you think its possible to deal with very complex topics with a 10min interview?  I dont.

You split a 60min video into 5 parts and it loses all flow.

IMHO not all videos are targeted at everyone, though no doubt many people watch them all.

• User profile image
    RedWolves2

Like I said I DON'T want to take away from the people that like the full length video's but for me I just want to jump into the meat and potatoes of what is being shown.  I think you can have both full and short and still make everyone happy.

• User profile image
    Charles

body must not be empty... [Duncanma]

• User profile image
    harumscarum

good to hear.

• User profile image
    Simo

Charles wrote:

Charles, all this ink development wasn't just a crafty way to blag yourself a tablet was it???

Don't worry your secret's safe with us. Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

• User profile image
    sbc

Pity search won't pick up inked posts though.

• User profile image
    Minh

sbc wrote:
    Pity search won't pick up inked posts though.
    Whatever happen to the translated text?

• User profile image
    Charles

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Could you move the time by the title of video on the default video page?

• User profile image
    Maurits

Charles wrote:

sweet...

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I hear ya! One thing I'll try to do is put a time-code for where the hottest part of the conversation is (if I can pick one out, like in the Avalon video where the coolest stuff came up at about 32:00).

We'll also try to mix it up with some shorter videos and some longer ones.

Yesterday, for instance, Nar Ganapathy's video was 18 minutes long.

• User profile image
    geekling

Scoble, there's no way to embed named "chapter" information into WMVs so that users can just double-click on a chapter to jump right to a particular part of the interview?

That might be RealMedia, though.

• User profile image
    androidi

geekling wrote:
    Scoble, there's no way to embed named "chapter" information into WMVs so that users can just double-click on a chapter to jump right to a particular part of the interview?

That might be RealMedia, though.

There is, sort of, and has been discussed here before.

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=47572#47572

Not sure about directlyto wmv, but these asx files could be linked on the video posting.

• User profile image
    Carlos Luna

I also desagree. These videos are awesome! not well produced but very informative.

I’d appreciate if the camera guy pays more attention to what it’s being presented on the computer monitor rather than laughing and commenting on something while the guy being interviewed is pointing at the screen.

Other than that, I believe these videos are great and we should appreciate the time these guys are spending to inform us of what it’s happening at Redmond.

/Carlos

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Charles wrote:

>:O

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.