Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Charles / Robert (others opinions welcome too)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    androidi

While reading about how some think the videos are too long I thought about the segmentation and the approach MS/C9 has used in the videos. Looking at some videos you see Charles going through his note paper and mumbling what question to ask next.

So the obvious question to ask next, when would C9 take the videos to more conversational level. Perhaps splitting the interview into 2 segments, interview and possible questions. This would work by giving C9 audience a brief about what area the person you're going to interview specializes in and possible hot topics around the area. Now C9 members could chime in some questions for few days before the interview and you'd then present some of the questions directly at the interview. Long videos could be segmented with the asx trick talked earlier without any editing.

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

I think that sounds like a great idea. Robert did this when asking for questions for Jim Allchin (here). You guys should do this on every video, I think! It'd be great to have the opportunity to ask specific questions to the people interviewed.

Actually you wouldn't even have to reveal who it is, just the area they're working in....

• User profile image
    jamie

that would make it more interactive than it is currently - good idea

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I really got excited when I saw that questions were being accepted for a future interview, because after watching every video i've got a few questions. Even when downloading the video I'm hoping that certain issues are addressed. This would really allow Niners to get a more personal interaction in the movies.

• User profile image
    Charles

I'm not sure we can scale to ask you for questions for every single interview we do... We have asked in the past (Martin Taylor, Allchin, etc) and will continue to ask for your input.

That said, we will try to get your feedback for as much as possible. That's my take anyway. Scoble can speak for himself.

C

• User profile image
    jamie

Start an Interview Question Wiki

i have some for FP team

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Yeah, the problem is that it creates an expectation of video delivery. What happens if after filming the video gets killed for some reason? (I've killed videos, for instance, due to lack of quality). I learned in the newspaper business not to create expectations that might not later be met.

I will, however, try to increase the number of times we get you involved in the questions.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

jamie wrote:
    Start an Interview Question Wiki

i have some for FP team

IT'S A WIKI. DO IT YOURSELF.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.