Coffeehouse Thread

1 post

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Ummm... my bad

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Tyler Brown

So I was using Internet Explorer on the family PC to log into Beta Place (seeing as how it doesn't like Firefox) and I could not access any links within Beta Place. I clicked on all of the Beta's I'm currently enrolled in and it just brought me to the Beta Place Home page. Open it up in Firefox and it works flawlessly. I also tried to login to Channel9 using IE and what do I get?

Channel9 Website wrote:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Seems kind of odd that Internet Explorer isn't even compatible with two important (in my eyes) Microsoft websites. Oh, BTW Charles, for some reason the error above appears when I attempt to login using IE. Not that you aren't already busy enough already or anything Wink

Update: Turns out that it was caused by some GhostSurf application that my father is fanatic about. It blocks cookies and whatnot, preventing a proper login to Channel9, or proper navigation of Beta Place

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.