Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Okay, which employee made this longhorn function, I LOVE IT!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    erik_

This must be great to do if you get another, people, we need to hurry with the delivery of longhorn note in your mailbox.
    Anyway great function, because I often just delete just the wrong jpg from my "my pictures" folder

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    footballism

haha:)Smiley:)Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Unfortunatly, what if you want to delete teh pr0n from your machine without anyone looking over your shoulder and seeing what you're doing?

I'm sure we all have photos we want to delete without having to see them... I hope there's an option to turn this off somewhere.

• User profile image
    erik_

Shmuelpro > screenshot is from my pc, photo is first one that showed up in google image search.
    W3bbo > I only backup the pr0n from my machine =) But if you select more then one image you get a normal do you want to remove these files. Didn't find the checkbox to turn it off yet, if there is one

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Maurits

W3bbo wrote:
    Unfortunatly, what if you want to delete teh pr0n from your machine without anyone looking over your shoulder and seeing what you're doing?

I'm sure we all have photos we want to delete without having to see them... I hope there's an option to turn this off somewhere.

Highlight files
    On keyboard, shift-delete

Or

Hold down shift while dragging to recycle bin

Should bypass "are you sure" warning IIRC

EDIT: no, I'm wrong - never mind

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Shift + Del doesn't bypass the dialog, it just bypasses the Recycle bin.

Unfortunatly, in Thunderbird things are different... and I accidentally lost 8 months worth of emails.

Managed to recover them with Eudora though.

• User profile image
    erik_

Shmuelpro > It gives the same windows as in XP. Only on file replace u get a window like this one with preview / preview are you sure you want to replace.. etc.

• User profile image
    sbc

Maybe you will just have to resort to the command prompt? Hopefully 'command prompt here' would be integrated (rather than needing a third party app, or a registry hack).

• User profile image
    Maurits

W3bbo wrote:
    Shift + Del doesn't bypass the dialog, it just bypasses the Recycle bin.

Unfortunatly, in Thunderbird things are different... and I accidentally lost 8 months worth of emails.

Managed to recover them with Eudora though.

Indeed, I was thinking of Outlook when I said Shift + Del Smiley
    Strange, though:
    My Recycle Bin Properties has a "Display delete confirmation dialog" box, checked
    I also have the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin" box checked
    The context-aware help for the "display confirmation" box "If Do not move files to the Recycle Bin is checked, you cannot change this setting" - but that's FALSE!  I can check both, uncheck both, check either without the other... looks like a doc bug.

• User profile image
    androidi

Guess this could be one of the "features" that MS tries to patent and why the EULA forbids posting screenshots? But you decided to post anyway

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.