Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Has somebody the Longhorn 5048 theme?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Could somebody post the Longhorn 5048 theme somewhere? I guess it's compatible with the WinXP themes, like "slate" was/is.

Thank you.

For anybody having it installed: I guess it's in the "\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes" folder

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I doubt your going to find it anywhere this soon.  Im looking for it too, I like the color scheme.  There are themes around that look a lot like it but they utilize the start button with the Windows flag without the word start.  Give it a week or two.  I wish Microsoft would make more themes available for Windows XP.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

A friend of mine has the slate theme with the windows flag instead of the word start. I believe he's using Windows Blinds.

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

Tyler Brown wrote:
    A friend of mine has the slate theme with the windows flag instead of the word start. I believe he's using Windows Blinds.

Yep.

It's also entertaining to download the OS X theme and themse Windows as a Mac... Smiley

...if you like the Mac style.

• User profile image
    littleguru

You don't need anything to run that theme. I have it also running here. Just crack a few bytes in the uxtheme.dll of Windows. That's it.

You can then run every theme on windows that has been designed for windows xp. "Slate" for example was simply extracted from Longhorn (the PDC version). They copied the files from that directory I posted in the other message.

I anybody has the new version installed, please post simply the files from the directory (see post above).
    That's all i need Smiley

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Windows X on the Neowin forums is working on making a Longhorn Aero theme similar to what was on WinHEC, if someone has the original and can post it please do, but either way we should have it in a few days.

• User profile image
    word_life_2​005

I am currently working on a longhorn 5048 theme
    here's the download to 5 pics of my theme

http://rapidshare.de/files/1700189/5048_theme.rar.html

i don't think it looks crappy... what do you think?

• User profile image
    footballism

word_life_2005 wrote:
    I am currently working on a longhorn 5048 theme
    here's the download to 5 pics of my theme

http://rapidshare.de/files/1700189/5048_theme.rar.html

i don't think it looks crappy... what do you think?

ur download offer is actually crappy,pls check it out urself...

• User profile image
    word_life_2​005

footballism wrote:

ur download offer is actually crappy,pls check it out urself...

You gotta scroll down and click free and then you can download on the next page it loads and scroll down to the download at the bottom of the page.

• User profile image
    footballism

word_life_2005 wrote:

You gotta scroll down and click free and then you can download on the next page it loads and scroll down to the download at the bottom of the page.

still ain't work here,that site actually limits download times per day,so could you please give a direct link to that WINRAR file?

• User profile image
    footballism

word_life_2005:
       that WINRAR contains nothing except some useless screenshots,are you fooling us around here? or you just wanna conduct some mischief here.

• User profile image
    word_life_2​005

I have finished the theme and it should be on www.themexp.org within the next 24 hr unless the admin rejects it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.