Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Working at Microsoft

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    zys

Hello,
    My name is Ziad, I am 30 years old software engineer from Lebanon (MiddleEast). I bet you have heard quite a lot of us from Georges W. Bush lately. Well yes, thanks to him we are now a free country Smiley thx Mr.Bush

As a matter of fact my posting might appear a little bit different. I am interested in knowing how could I get a job (as developer) at Microsoft. 7 years ago a Microsoft team visited the region to recruit enigneers for Redmond. At the time I was fresh graduate and made my best however I failed.

Working at Microsoft was a always a dream for me, so I thank those who would like to give me some hints on how to prepare for MS interviews, they also can advise some books to help reshape my knowledge to what MS recruiters expect etc....

regards
    Ziad

• User profile image
    BruceMorgan
  • User profile image
    footballism

zys wrote:
    Hello,
    I bet you have heard quite a lot of us from Georges W. Bush lately. Well yes, thanks to him we are now a free country thx Mr.Bush

well,IMHO,in ur possible interview, the MS recruiters will never ask you to thank Mr Bush...
    anyway,flattering Mr Bush serves no purpose for ur interview.
    they will simply ask the question:
    can you liberate urself without any help?

bcos they really want to know whether or not you have the ability to do programming independently...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

footballism wrote:
    well,IMHO,in ur possible interview, the MS recruiters will never ask you to thank Mr Bush...
    anyway,flattering Mr Bush serves no purpose for ur interview..

Seattle/Redmond is a rather liberal area of the 'states anyway.

• User profile image
    leighsword

footballism wrote:
    zys wrote:Hello,
    I bet you have heard quite a lot of us from Georges W. Bush lately. Well yes, thanks to him we are now a free country thx Mr.Bush

bcos they really want to know whether or not you have the ability to do programming independently...

it makes no sense.
    are you able to programming a 'Hello World' program without any help?
    nothing we can do without a complier or operation system,even the hardware.

a high-quality software development is depaned on good team work, for example, i am good at network comunication, (s)he is good at owen draw UI, of course i can do what (s)he is good at, but (s)he is a best of best candidate than i am(more efficient) .

whether a solution is good depands on the solution is able to solve the problem.

• User profile image
    daSmirnov

Whatever you do, leave the politics at the door.  Especially then they are the minority view over there.

• User profile image
    zys

Well I am not here to talk politics. The reason I have evoked Mr. Bush is because most americans may not know where is Lebanon. So I am just reminding them that recently Mr. Bush have spoken about Lebanon so many times...Of course interviewers won't ask me to thank Mr. Bush and I am not thanking him to get hired by MS Smiley
    I am thanking him because he helped liberate my country. In one of his statements he said "USA won't accept half solution, 70% or 80% free Lebanon, we want 100% free Lebanon".
    We are free after 30 years of occupation (nearly since the day I was born).

So THANK YOU AGAIN MR. BUSH Smiley without your help we could not make it.
    Same as Ukrain without the help of the West it could not make it....

footballism wrote:
    zys wrote: Hello,

• User profile image
    zys

Well I wish to end this political discussion, and I understand your position since you are from China, however I am a lebanese living in Lebanon, and I have been in the demonstrations and I am aware that without the support of Mr.Bush and other super powers, we could not have made it. This does not mean that we as lebanese people do not earn credits in liberating our country, but we should be realistic, there were many demos in the past without any results.

Hope we can move to the topic again, on how can a candidate be accepted in Microsoft

thank you.

footballism wrote:
    [quote user="zys"]

I don't wanna post off topic words here,but I have to correct something:
    it's the Lebanese who liberate themselves just as Ukrainians,they made their own decision on who can be their leader.

• User profile image
    footballism

zys wrote:
    Well I am not here to talk politics. The reason I have evoked Mr. Bush is because most americans may not know where is Lebanon. So I am just reminding them that recently Mr. Bush have spoken about Lebanon so many times...Of course interviewers won't ask me to thank Mr. Bush and I am not thanking him to get hired by MS
    I am thanking him because he helped liberate my country. In one of his statements he said "USA won't accept half solution, 70% or 80% free Lebanon, we want 100% free Lebanon".
    We are free after 30 years of occupation (nearly since the day I was born).

So THANK YOU AGAIN MR. BUSH without your help we could not make it.
    Same as Ukrain without the help of the West it could not make it....

I don't wanna post off topic words here,but I have to correct something:
    it's the Lebanese who liberate themselves just as Ukrainians,they made their own decision on who can be their leader.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.