Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Longhorn Tablet PC

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    azurepalm

I tried searching the web but all I can find is Microsoft intending to release this version in longhorn as well. Any news regarding this? Perhaps new functionalities or anything? Will current tablet pc machines work with the new edition? Thanks.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Watch the Jim Allchin interview. We talk about Tablet PC.

• User profile image
    azurepalm

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62987#62987 ?

Wow, what a huge file. But thank you for the pointer, I'll download and view the video. Smiley

• User profile image
    Maurits

Tablet PC stuff starts at 25:17 in

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Isn't that just like an "uber pocket pc" ?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

W3bbo wrote:
    Isn't that just like an "uber pocket pc" ?

No, it's a super-small tablet. The difference is that it's runnign Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, where a PocketPC would be running Windows Mobile.

A device with that kind of form factor and running a real version of Windows would be perfect.

• User profile image
    eddwo

The form factor is very similar to the Samsung Nexio which ran Windows CE.Net 4.0. The resolution was 800x480 and the web browser was about IE4 level. It was much better for viewing proper web pages than the browser on Pocket PCs.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.