Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

To Dave Massey, or anyone on the IE team

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    Will IE7 pass Acid2?

    After all... Gecko is nearly there (due to pass in time for Firefox 1.1) and WebCore already passes, the patch will be passed to KHTML within a few weeks.

    So, will Trident 5 pass? Yes or No Wink

    If no-one from the IE team responds, I'll take it from their silence that "we're too embarrassed to say 'no'" and you'll garner less respect than if you simply say "No" (with a justifiable reason)

    And I'll consider switching from Firefox if you say "Yes".

  • User profile image
    Cairo

    Here's how
    MSIE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 (who thinks up these version numbers anyway) does it. Beautiful, ain't it?

  • User profile image
    DMassy

    W3bbo wrote:
    Will IE7 pass Acid2?

    After all... Gecko is nearly there (due to pass in time for Firefox 1.1) and WebCore already passes, the patch will be passed to KHTML within a few weeks.

    So, will Trident 5 pass? Yes or No

    If no-one from the IE team responds, I'll take it from their silence that "we're too embarrassed to say 'no'" and you'll garner less respect than if you simply say "No" (with a justifiable reason)

    And I'll consider switching from Firefox if you say "Yes".


    We're looking through it. I know everyone keeps pointing to it but believe it or not we are already well aware of it Smiley
    As we have said before we know we have issues to address in this area and have started to document them on the team blog http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/
    As Chris Wilson said in the blog entry at http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/04/22/410963.aspx "Our first and most important goal with our Cascading Style Sheet support is to remove the major inconsistencies so that web developers have a consistent set of functionality on which they can rely." I expect we'll use this amongst the many other inputs to help us prioritise that work.

    Thanks
    -Dave

    P.S. It's Massy not Massey Smiley

  • User profile image
    W3bbo

    DMassy wrote:
    We're looking through it. I know everyone keeps pointing to it but believe it or not we are already well aware of it Smiley


    Chill Wink I just wanted to know if we can expect IE7 to pass the test with flying colors

    DMassy wrote:
    As we have said before we know we have issues to address in this area and have started to document them on the team blog http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/
    As Chris Wilson said in the blog entry at http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/04/22/410963.aspx "Our first and most important goal with our Cascading Style Sheet support is to remove the major inconsistencies so that web developers have a consistent set of functionality on which they can rely."


    So that's a "yes" then? Smiley

    DMassy wrote:
    I expect we'll use this amongst the many other inputs to help us prioritise that work.


    "prioritise"... uh-oh... Triage alert

    DMassy wrote:
    Thanks
    -Dave


    No problem

    DMassy wrote:
    P.S. It's Massy not Massey


    Typo Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.