Coffeehouse Thread

80 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Tablet People, Please test

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Charles

Hey Tablet users (or XP users who can ink + have the Tablet PC 2005 recognition pack installed).

Please ink and see if the Tooltip text is close to what you write (recognized text will be stored with image data so that ink posts can be indexed by search engines that catalog img title text)... I will use this text for C9 search also. We may need to tune the recognition code. Recognizing bad handwriting is such a cool technological feat and so hard to get right. There's work to be done, but I'd say it's better than it was a year ago. 

Arin Goldberg of the Tablet PC team gave me some code that he wrote that optimizes reco (and some other really nifty stuff that I haven't put into the C9 control yet, but I will). Thanks Arin! You rock, man.

C

• User profile image
    pikatung

Testing Testing Testing pretty accurate

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks. We're batting 1000. Wink

C

• User profile image
    Minh

body must not be empty... [Duncanma]

• User profile image
    Charles

I agree that it would be nice to recognize the text you successfully ink'ed on whatever device you are using, Minh. What happens when you install the reco software?

• User profile image
    pikatung

Minh wrote:

It seems like you need it in order to generate the tool-tip.

• User profile image
    Charles

You are inking because you are using IE 6 and have Microsoft.Ink installed on your machine + supporting framework, right? So, why not install the reco pack and see what happens.

C

• User profile image
    Manip

• User profile image
    pikatung

The quick brown fox jumps over the Iazydog.

• User profile image
    pikatung

pikatung wrote:

Lol, it thinks my period is an "s". So does it support punctuation?

*Edit*
    Got the period, but it now thinks my "l" is a "I" even though I didn't change it.

• User profile image
    Charles

pikatung wrote:
    The quick brown fox jumps over the Iazydog.

Interesting. Quote tooltip should work now

• User profile image
    Minh

Posting from Novi-TabletPC w/ TabletPC SDK 1.7 & TabletPC recognition Pack. Will I be understood? C'mon, make me Smile!

• User profile image
    Manip

Install the text reco bit that comes with MS Office which works fine but when I load a ink sample it tells me I don't have it installed ... so I guess it isn't going to be working nay time soon on a desktop PC.

• User profile image
    Minh

Sweet! Q

• User profile image
    Charles

Manip wrote:
    Install the text reco bit that comes with MS Office which works fine but when I load a ink sample it tells me I don't have it installed ... so I guess it isn't going to be working nay time soon on a desktop PC.

I don't follow, Manip. Can you elaborate? (Note that I am leaving my office now to go have a beer with friends. I'll be online later.)

C

• User profile image
    jonathanh

You're all just jealous of our nice shiny Tablet PCs

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Thats some pretty neat handwritting jonathanh, I'm assuming you use a tablet non-stop?

• User profile image
    HellSnoopy

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.