Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

XBox 360 and Visual Studio 2005

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sbc

Will you be able to make games for the XBox 360 with the Visual Studio 2005? I can see that this would be beneficial as Visual Studio Express products will be cheap, and give people a chance to write their own game.

There is also the potential that you can write a game and it will work on both a PC and an XBox 360. Would be good if you could buy a game and choose whether to run it on a PC or an XBox 360. Would benefit both the game manufacturer and the user. Less coding for the programmer, and a bigger market to target - as no one would really buy the same game twice for both machines.

• User profile image
    Arran

Don't all games that the XBox runs need signing by microsoft?

• User profile image
    Alexm

This is sort of what I was suggesting here with a community version of XNA Studio http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=58099

I agree entirely with you (but that's unsurprising since you seem to agree with me! Big Smile )

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.