Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS 2005 Beta and Indigo/Avalon ?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    zombie

Will there a ctp for indigo and avalon that is compatible with Framework Beta 2?

• User profile image
    figuerres

zombie wrote:
    Will there a ctp for indigo and avalon that is compatible with Framework Beta 2?

I sure hope so.....

last night on dot net rocks
    www.dotnetrocks.com

during the live chat I mentioned that and Carl said he would ask.

Carl == Carl Franklin www.franklins.net

the podcast of the session should be online monday -- I had to many things at one time last night to hear all the answers to questions.

hope that helps...

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

A couple of Microsoft developers on the WinFX newsgroups have stated that they are working hard to get a CTP release of Avalon and Indigo out the door that will be compatible with Beta 2 of Whidbey.

• User profile image
    footballism

Tyler Brown wrote:
    A couple of Microsoft developers on the WinFX newsgroups have stated that they are working hard to get a CTP release of Avalon and Indigo out the door that will be compatible with Beta 2 of Whidbey.

sounds like a good news...
    hopefully that's true...

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I don't doubt that it is true. If memory serves me right, Avalon/Indigo are slated to go Beta 1 sometime this summer. Leaving developers with an updated development suite and incompatible development resources wouldn't be a wise idea, so I see atleast one CTP in the pipe before summer's Beta.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Hopefully they'll release it sooner than later. My personal project's currently at the point I need some user interfaces, and I'm not really up doing the work twice (as in Winforms until Avalon beta1 or whatever is out).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.