Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Pop-Under Ads....

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MurphyB2005

Ok, so my browser is fully configured to where if I want pop-ups, I can allow them, if not, then poof. Lately I have been seeing "pop-under" advertisements, and my pop-up software doesn't stop it?

Anything that does?

• User profile image
    figuerres

MurphyB2005 wrote:
    Ok, so my browser is fully configured to where if I want pop-ups, I can allow them, if not, then poof. Lately I have been seeing "pop-under" advertisements, and my pop-up software doesn't stop it?

Anything that does?

depends....

is this IE or??

if IE is this XP with SP2??

last thing is how they pop the ad, when you load a site the site can run script that can make the window seem to be opened by the user and then the pop-up can't tell it was a pop-up so to speak.

personally I tend to just never return to a site that does that crap.... no visits == no payments for ads == no site... if we all did that then they would stop real soon.

or ask us what we would like before trying more crap.

• User profile image
    MurphyB2005

figuerres wrote:

depends....

is this IE or??

if IE is this XP with SP2??

I am running Firefox 1.0.3 w/ AdBlock and the Pop-Up Blocker enabled.

I am running XP SP2 with the latest updates.

Everything on my computer is up-to-date, are you kidding me!!? Wink

Yea, it wasn't any sites of much importance...was just wondering, thanks anyway.

• User profile image
    androidi

Disable Active Scripting from IE.

Too bad there is no per-site/domain control for invidual settings like this. Only some sites abuse active scripting and I'd love if there was more fine grained control for those sites. I am sure the site web masters rather have me visit the site with reduced scripting than not at all.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

androidi wrote:

Too bad there is no per-site/domain control for invidual settings like this. Only some sites abuse active scripting and I'd love if there was more fine grained control for those sites.

Yes there is (kinda). Simply add thoses sites to the Restricted zone.

• User profile image
    androidi

Sven Groot wrote:
    androidi wrote:

Too bad there is no per-site/domain control for invidual settings like this. Only some sites abuse active scripting and I'd love if there was more fine grained control for those sites.

Yes there is (kinda). Simply add thoses sites to the Restricted zone.

If one could do that from the information bar with one click it would be almost acceptable. Now it seems to be the only way is to dig through several dialogs and be faced with the thrillingly "well done" dialog that the add site to zone dialog is. So yes.. "kinda" as in "joking right".

• User profile image
    TomasDeml

Just joking...Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.