Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

IIS/W2003 - stops working - any ideas?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

I keep having to reboot it - then its fine

If i stop/start IIS it does nothing (needs full reboot)

Ive ran adaware/spybot = no errors
    Ive checked processes - nothing weird to my eye running

any help would be appreciated

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Anything in the EventLog stick out?

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Did you virus scan Jamie? Last time this happened to me was when I had half of the Code Red worm sitting on my computer.

mVPstar

• User profile image
    figuerres

or sick hardware.... I have seen a mirror set with a bad drive bring a server down to a crawl...

• User profile image
    Steve411

clear event log files, reboot, do what you need to do till you have to reboot it, when it reboots start up the event log again and tell us the errors.

• User profile image
    jamie

i will do the event log stuff

( i only have norton 2004 = wont load on 2003 )

• User profile image
    Buzza

Never had any problems with IIS - rebuild the machine if necessary.  Installing apache is going to do jack, thats just one more application that can fail.

Try uninstalling IIS / then reinstalling, and see if this helps?

To do this goto windows components in Add / Remove programs.

EDIT:  There is a whole lot more complexity in apache / php / mysql

• User profile image
    jamie

k here are errors and warnings of late:

ONE ERROR:

The IP address lease 192.168.2.2 for the Network Card with network address 000D610EE3EA has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

BUNCH OF WARNINGS:

-A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' exceeded time limits during shut down. The process id was '4088'.

-Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection: Adapter Link Down

-The time service has not synchronized the system time for 86400 seconds  because none of the time service providers provided a usable time  stamp. The time service is no longer synchronized and cannot provide  the time to other clients or update the system clock. Monitor the  system events displayed in the Event  Viewer to make sure that a more  serious problem does not exist.

- User administrator at host 192.168.2.23 has timed-out after 120 seconds of inactivity.

- User IEUser@ at host 69.28.196.3 has timed out

• User profile image
    Buzza

do you have anything in the event log for:

w3c service, if so what are they.

What ip address have you bound the IIS Service to?

To find this out, in IIS manager, right click the 'Default Web Site', or relevant site, and click properties, then check our the IP Address field, under the web site table, and it either has 'All unassigned' or an IP address?

• User profile image
    Minh

Power down & bringing back the cable modem works for me sometimes. Once, I noticed my cable channels are all static & likewise, no internet.

• User profile image
    prog_dotnet

You should try the ipcofnig/release and ipconfig/renew commands .

192.168 is an apipa adress, (automatic private internet protocol adress )and are only used when the client cant reach the dhcp server by the dora process.

DHCPNACK are issued then the client requests an ip adress that is incorect, or the lease has expired.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.