Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Compaq TC1000 Fails After Installing Microsoft April 2005 Updates

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Catalina588

A Compaq TC 1000 running service pack 2 failed to reboot after installing the Microsoft April 2005 security updates and accumulated Office updates.

Symptoms:  passes BIOs tests, screen goes black, screen background goes blue, a message flashes for a tiny fraction of a second, then the machine goes into re-boot.  It will try and fail to reboot forever.  All boot-time options fail: DOS boot, safe mode boot, last working settings.

Since I do not have a Compaq CD-ROM optical drive (but do have the base station), I cannot even think about a tablet pc re-install.

Everything was copacetic prior to doing this upgrade.

Any suggestions on how to trouble-shoot?

• User profile image
    pikatung

You can try the Recovory Console, though that requires the CD unless you already have it installed.

• User profile image
    Catalina588

I cannot use recovery console as it is a tablet pc and I did not buy the Compaq-specific CD-ROM drive that mates with the tablet base.  Hence, no CD drive to run the CD off of.

• User profile image
    Buzza

Can you boot off a bootable floppy disk ?

• User profile image
    Dvixen

I don't suppose you have access to a USB Cp-drive? (Not sure if its would work as a bootable...) Has Company been of any help? if there is (or any info on the Ms knowledge. base?)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.