Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Any word on a Avalon/Indigo CTP that's compatible with Beta2?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Stebet

Now that Beta 2 has been out for awhile can we expect to see a new CTP drop of Avalon/Indigo soon? I'm dying to try this out in a more stable environment Smiley

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Agreed. I spent all weekend trying to get it running on a laptop (The old CTP for VS.NET and the Avalon/Indigo). Still not successful...

I'd rather wait for the VS.NET Beta 2.

• User profile image
    dantheman82

I have Beta2 but it's giving me a lot of problems when I try to install.  Then, after I get it running (partly), I try installing the WinFX CTP and it craps out.  So, I'm not sure what to do now...

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

dantheman82 wrote:
    I have Beta2 but it's giving me a lot of problems when I try to install.  Then, after I get it running (partly), I try installing the WinFX CTP and it craps out.  So, I'm not sure what to do now...

I don't think that Beta 2 is compatible with the latest WinFX CTP.

• User profile image
    dantheman82

MisterDonut wrote:
    dantheman82 wrote:I have Beta2 but it's giving me a lot of problems when I try to install.  Then, after I get it running (partly), I try installing the WinFX CTP and it craps out.  So, I'm not sure what to do now...

I don't think that Beta 2 is compatible with the latest WinFX CTP.

Well, for me, Beta 2 doesn't work.  Period.  GUI front-end design mode does not work... 

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Beta 2 of Visual Studio SKU's is not compatible with the March 2005 CTP of Avalon and Indigo. Check my blog, I've gotten word off of the newsgroups that a CTP drop compatible with Beta 2 of Whidbey will be availabled by "May 42nd" although they do expect it sometime in May, and not June.

• User profile image
    figuerres

Tyler Brown wrote:

"May 42nd" although they do expect it sometime in May, and not June.

May 42nd  .... Smiley

Great!

• User profile image
    Sampy

When we finish a Beta or a CTP, they not only go out to you but to all of the internal teams building on Whidbey. They need time to integrate the new bits, make any changes that are needed, run all their tests and put together their own drop for you guys.

It takes some time so be patient Smiley

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Sampy wrote:
    When we finish a Beta or a CTP, they not only go out to you but to all of the internal teams building on Whidbey. They need time to integrate the new bits, make any changes that are needed, run all their tests and put together their own drop for you guys.

It takes some time so be patient

So, does that make you a "centurion" of CTPs/Betas?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.