Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

My Concept: Longhorn Diamond Effects

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Jose Francisco

Greetings,

I would like to share my concept video, Longhorn Diamond Effects video Smiley You can find the video over at my website: www.xpsource.com

"The video demonstrates the sidebar (on the right), tilting a few degrees to the right. The main window in the video turns 360 degrees."

And while you're at it, tell me what you think of my blog Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Sexeh....

It seems they're copying PLG.

• User profile image
    Jose Francisco

Well, I wonder who's "they're". Smiley Anyway, no not really. Check out a screenshot Windows Longhorn Diamond effects over at my blog. Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Jose Francisco wrote:
    Well, I wonder who's "they're". Anyway, no not really. Check out a screenshot Windows Longhorn Diamond effects over at my blog.

I mean the "Diamond Video" effects are sexy.. and it seems Microsoft is copying PLG

As for your site... seems fairly "blog"-standard to me (sorry, poor pun there), looks like you've taken the default Wordpress template and changed a few things... hardly worth much praise, imho.

• User profile image
    Jose Francisco

W3bbo wrote:

I mean the "Diamond Video" effects are sexy.. and it seems Microsoft is copying PLG

As for your site... seems fairly "blog"-standard to me (sorry, poor pun there), looks like you've taken the default Wordpress template and changed a few things... hardly worth much praise, imho.

It's simple and clean Wink

• User profile image
    Minh

Jose Francisco wrote:

It's simple and clean
    Simple & clean are good. That's the first that I've seen of the effects. Thanks for putting it up. BTW, W3boo, where's your blog? Can't wait for Beer28 to join in the LG similarity.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh wrote:
    BTW, W3boo, where's your blog?

Here

Wink

• User profile image
    Stebet

Minh wrote:
    Jose Francisco wrote:
    It's simple and clean
    Simple & clean are good. That's the first that I've seen of the effects.

Not sure that's a screenshot of the effects. I'm pretty sure it's just a concept and an old one at that since it still has the Sidebar.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I don't see how this effect could improve the useability of Longhorn. This is just a copy of the Looking Glass effects but doesn't do anything at all.

• User profile image
    Jose Francisco

ZippyV wrote:
    I don't see how this effect could improve the useability of Longhorn. This is just a copy of the Looking Glass effects but doesn't do anything at all.

Well, that's a good statement! Maybe Microsoft are trying to make Longhorn more attractive Wink

Note this is my concept Smiley

• User profile image
    Stebet

Jose Francisco wrote:
    Note this is my concept

I know.. but i think people were referring to the screenshot from the ATI slides Smiley

• User profile image
    Minh

W3bbo wrote:
    Minh wrote:BTW, W3boo, where's your blog?

Here

Yeah... It'd better do all the things I've asked for. Smiley

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Have you seen the concept videos of Carter Maslan? He shows some applications that make a good use of the new features.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I've seen all those video's from way back in 2004, some were from 2003 if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to see some new concept video's using a live version of Longhorn. I believe that those were mock-up concept video's using graphics software if I remember correctly.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh wrote:
    Yeah... It'd better do all the things I've asked for.

Add me to your messenger list Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.