Coffeehouse Thread

87 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Team 99 stuff, does it belong?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

What is the point of that Team 99 thread?  It certainly isn't to get niners to join the cause, and seems like a cheap "I'll use my blog to push up the number of hits at C9" shot.

Given the stated aim of *not* hiring non-bloggers, does this really belong here in a community where bloggers and non-bloggers are treated equally?

Sorry if I sound cynical ..

Disillusionment has set in.

• User profile image
    eagle

What good is a beta tester without a community to report and support?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I completely agree with you. It's like a king asking to his son: "Who should be the next king?".

• User profile image
    Rossj

eagle wrote:

What good is a beta tester without a community to report and support?

What does blogging have to do with C9? I don't care that Robert wants to hire bloggers, I just want to know what it has to do with C9.

Like I said, I am just being cynical.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Charles wrote:
    Do we value their opinions less?

Apparently so.

Adios.

• User profile image
    Charles

It should not just be for bloggers. What kind of message does that send?

Scoble, why is this the case? Please explain. I mean, what about non-blogging Niners? Do we value their opinions less? Beta testers? Also, there are so many blowhards in the blogging community... How to pick the right ones?

C

• User profile image
    Charles

Rossj wrote:
    Charles wrote: Do we value their opinions less?

Apparently so.

Adios.

Easy does it, Rossj. No need to get dramatic. Let's let Scoble explain. OK?

C

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rossj wrote:
    Charles wrote:Do we value their opinions less?

Apparently so.

Adios.

I value a shameless blogger's opinions less than those I know to be more level-headed... yes Smiley

No offense or anything, but I'd rather trust Beer28 for a review on MSN Messenger than Paul Thurrot.

• User profile image
    Charles

I think it would be really useful to have Beer28 review Longhorn (as long as he would be as objective as possible, of course). Hmm. Yes. This would be quite useful indeed.

C

• User profile image
    eagle

NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH
    If you’re posting on Channel9, your blogging!

• User profile image
    Charles

eagle wrote:

NEWSFLASH  NEWSFLASH  NEWSFLASH

Then it stands to reason that you are a blogger and therefore you may be nominated for Team 99 membership. In fact, I think Team 99 HAS to have some Niners on board. I'll lobby for this internally as best I can.

C

• User profile image
    jamie

the part i didnt get was at first it sounded like 20 regular people opinions

but now the nominees in there are some of the most talented people in the world. No match for "little people" like us c9ers

they should have 2 teams:

the c99 "experts/professionals" team

and a skunk works testbed of a few of us longtime smelly c9 users Smiley

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Charles wrote:
    I think it would be really useful to have Beer28 review Longhorn (as long as he would be as objective as possible, of course). Hmm. Yes. This would be quite useful indeed.

Oh yeah, please, so that we can read "Looking Glass is bettar!" for every point he could make...

• User profile image
    Lazycoder2

Charles wrote:

C

Hey, you know what I'd like to see? My wife or my mother getting to give feedback on Longhorn. She didn't see any reason to upgrade to Windows XP (thanks to my most excellent firewall skills, we've never been hit by any of the usual MS virus suspects). Why should she upgrade to Longhorn? Will Longhorn help her check her email? Will Longhorn help her to run MS Money any faster? Will my mother be able to FINALLY figure out how to use the scroll bars in an application?

I'm not worried about the power users. The power users will find third-party applications to work around whatever poor UI decisions are made.  I'm worried about the poor slobs Microsoft is going to foist power user options on to.

• User profile image
    Charles

We will do something for Niners. I'll make something happen. Stay tuned. Perhaps it won't be like Team 99, exactly, but I can assure you that Niners' opinions are valuable. I'd say, as just 1 example, that Jamie's feedback on Longhorn UI/UE would prove very useful. 

• User profile image
    Charles

Tom Servo wrote:
    Charles wrote: I think it would be really useful to have Beer28 review Longhorn (as long as he would be as objective as possible, of course). Hmm. Yes. This would be quite useful indeed.

Oh yeah, please, so that we can read "Looking Glass is bettar!" for every point he could make...

Note my parenthetical statement above.

• User profile image
    Charles

Lazycoder2 wrote:
    Charles wrote: I think it would be really useful to have Beer28 review Longhorn (as long as he would be as objective as possible, of course). Hmm. Yes. This would be quite useful indeed.

C

Hey, you know what I'd like to see? My wife or my mother getting to give feedback on Longhorn. She didn't see any reason to upgrade to Windows XP (thanks to my most excellent firewall skills, we've never been hit by any of the usual MS virus suspects). Why should she upgrade to Longhorn? Will Longhorn help her check her email? Will Longhorn help her to run MS Money any faster? Will my mother be able to FINALLY figure out how to use the scroll bars in an application?

I'm not worried about the power users. The power users will find third-party applications to work around whatever poor UI decisions are made.  I'm worried about the poor slobs Microsoft is going to foist power user options on to.

Fair enough. Watch the Alchin video again and listen for his perspective on this topic.

C

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Charles wrote:
    No need to get dramatic.

I feel like being stepped on my toe, by this.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.