Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bill Gates on channel 9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MikeGoatly

Haven't seen this in the coffeehouse yet - apparently Bill Gates recently mentioned Channel 9, and how he wanted to be interviewed on it...

Any chance that'll ever happen? Smiley

• User profile image
    androidi

Kinda odd and great at the same time. Gates wants to be interviewed but here we get the message he doesn't have time for it. But actually I understand this completely. I want to do thousand things and never get around to it too.

• User profile image
    Jose Francisco

Robert, please do interview Bill! Smiley

• User profile image
    sbc

Perhaps an interview spread over a time period (i.e. 5 minutes every now and then) - via webcam if not on site. Do you get interviews like that (i.e. not doing the whole interview at once)?

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

androidi wrote:
    Kinda odd and great at the same time. Gates wants to be interviewed but here we get the message he doesn't have time for it. But actually I understand this completely. I want to do thousand things and never get around to it too.

Although, this might be the exact time to ask him for an interview...when his interest is at its highest.  I could see them having a lot of fun with this video...put props on his desk before the interview...something like a toy bulldozer (something that readers of "Hard Drive" would pick up on).  If you think the recent Team99 thread has a lot of activity on it, I can only imagine what a Gates video would draw (positive and negative of course).

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Heh!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Ask him if he uses MSN Messenger 7.0 Big Smile

• User profile image
    Manip

Wait in the exec toilets with a camera, get him while he pees.

• User profile image
    El Bruno

Goog idea !!

• User profile image
    koorb

I would love a tour of his house, but if Channel9 is to ever make it from transparency project to historical content, Bill has to be interviewed about the state of the company and where he thinks it is going.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Yes having Bill Gates Video would be cool, but Bill Gates is effectively the lead Architect at Microsoft, so what would be cooler is if  Bill could contributed to C9 and actively joined our community.

Seeing what the difference Scoble has made to Microsoft's image, a much greater effect could be realised if individuals higher up the Microsoft structure, such as Bill, joined in our community.

I understand that he is a busy man, but many of us do try and we also have busy lives. It's the contribution that counts.

The mutual insight would be extremely valuable to all sides.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Beer28 wrote:

It sounds to me like somebody didn't even ask him for an interview...

Nah, most likey Scoble/Charles ask Bill's people if they can have an interview and they say he's too busy. The actual request probably never gets as far as Bill himself.

• User profile image
    BigDataDev

It may be easier for them to get Steve Ballmer first.

I think the Steve B. interview is in the works.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Why doesn't Bill ask it first?

Bill comes into Scoble's office:
    - You're doing an interview with me right now!

Scoble:
    - Euhhh
    faints...

• User profile image
    Charles

Yeah. I'll probably be at this one for sure. I hope we can do this and I hope we can chat without a script.

C

• User profile image
    Manip

Charles wrote:
    Yeah. I'll probably be at this one for sure. I hope we can do this and I hope we can chat without a script.

C

But you *will be taking question from C9ers though right? Wink 

• User profile image
    littleguru

I'm really looking forward to it Big Smile

• User profile image
    Charles

Manip wrote:
    Charles wrote: Yeah. I'll probably be at this one for sure. I hope we can do this and I hope we can chat without a script.

C

But you *will be taking question from C9ers though right?  

You better believe it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.