Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Free training and certificates

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Greater Monster

Novell has its free CNS and CLS training and certificates. It is a mix of promotion and salestraining the way I see it and I like it, despite that it does not have the value of CNE or MCSE type certifications (but hey, you get a nice logo Big Smile )

Does Microsoft have such a thing as well?

• User profile image
    footballism

Greater Monster wrote:

despite that it does not have the value of CNE or MCSE type certifications

as to MCSE in China,as long as you have 3000 RMB,you can get it...

• User profile image
    sbc

footballism wrote:
    Greater Monster wrote:
    despite that it does not have the value of CNE or MCSE type certifications

as to MCSE in China,as long as you have 3000 RMB,you can get it...

How many months wage is that then?

• User profile image
    desdemona

free certificates in Microsoft ?'?
    I dont think so ... Tongue Out

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I guess if you work for an isv or partner they sometimes require so many people to be ms certified.

I'm mixed when it comes to ms certifications because you can easily pass some of the tests with boot camps, sample tests, ect. There are people who actually learn and then take the test and those that buy questions and take the boot camps for an easy path. When people say they are certified I usually take it with a grain of salt until I see some of their work.

• User profile image
    Union Jack

desdemona wrote:
    free certificates in Microsoft ?'?
    I dont think so ...

lol i'd have to agree on that one Wink. Don't think Microsoft would hand ya some free certification Big Smile.

• User profile image
    Greater Monster

Union Jack wrote:
    desdemona wrote: free certificates in Microsoft ?'?
    I dont think so ...

lol i'd have to agree on that one . Don't think Microsoft would hand ya some free certification .

Big Smile Well, the Salesperson certificate isn't that hard to get and the only thing that actually costs Novell a bit is when you take a classroom training. It comes down to that they hand you info about what they got and tips on how to sell and to whom. It's more of a marketing/advertising-tool than training. I don't really believe that being a CLS 'gets you recognition from your peers' (as Novell tells you).
    But it would be nice (and fun - IT can be fun, can't it?) to become a Microsoft Certified Windows Salesperson (a MCW2K3S even Big Smile ) or something like that, complete with pdf's, presentations, videotraining etc. Just like it would be fun if Novell did a C9 project/site.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.