Coffeehouse Thread

31 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer's Email Address???

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Matt6912

Hello,

Does anybody here know Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer's Email Address???

How could I contact one of them?

Thanks,

Matt

• User profile image
    Shaded

Matt6912 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Matt

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/execmail/addressbook.asp

• User profile image
    Shaded

jamie wrote:
    haha

i think its billg@microsoft.com and teveb@microsoft.com">steveb@microsoft.com

good luck - youll need it

w00hoo I finally beat Jamie to something!

<does the happy dance>

• User profile image
    jamie

haha

i think its billg@microsoft.com and steveb@microsoft.com

good luck - youll need it Wink

• User profile image
    jamie

why cant i type steveb@microsoft.com

watch it work now (nope)

steve b @ microsoft.com

• User profile image
    ZippyV

What do you want to say to them?

• User profile image
    Shaded

jamie wrote:
    why cant i type teveb@microsoft.com">steveb@microsoft.com

watch it work now (nope)

steve b @ microsoft.com

I don't know but the addresses actually are (according to http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/execmail/addressbook.asp): " currently, billgates@chairman.microsoft.com  and steveballmer@ceo.microsoft.com "

Even the biggest cheeses at Microsoft use my tactic of changing email addresses to avoid spam.  Not that I should take credit for it, Yahoo advocated this years ago, they probably patented it.  I call it mine because I'm the only advocate for it I've seen.

Wow it munched mine too.

• User profile image
    jamie

i just no from books they used to be that - maybe they still are

• User profile image
    jamie

Beer28 wrote:
    dear bill,

I'm the hier to the prince of nigeria. There was recently a coup in my country and the royal family was all slain in a horrible incident of mindless bloodshed.
    This left a total of 10 billion dollars in a swiss bank account that is only accessable to americans for some reason.
    Please get back so I can write you a check for 10 billion dollars so you may withdraw the funds, and get them back to me before it clears and in exchange I will give you 20%, which is 2 billion dollars.

Thanks,
    Lil' Prince Tut
    University of Nigeria class of '97

haha

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

Matt6912 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Matt

I want some of what this guy is smoking.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Matt6912 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

Matt

He probably hired someone to sort out that inbox.

I think his internal address blocks all non-@microsoft.com senders and his personal address is probably a GUID or something.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Email to the above addresses is now being filtered through the "speaker@" address, as well as the "executive@" address before being directly routed to Steve and Bill so that points of interest to other groups don't clog up their inboxes. There are probably other filter points as well.

There are a dozen or so other ways to contact them. I only found out about the change in the last few months. I used to email them every year or so and actually got a response most times. Now I just get lackeys responding from these other aliases.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Here's something interesting:

Try to add any @microsoft.com email address to MSN Messenger's list. You'll get an error telling you that you're not allowed to add @microsoft.com addresses.

But you don't get this error in Windows Messenger can you can add billg@microsoft.com  or rscoble@microsoft.com (although both are now invalid).

Interesting observation nonetheless.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

jamie wrote:
    i just no from books they used to be that - maybe they still are

Yeah, in 1993. ^_^;;

I recall reading a few years ago about an email correspondence someone had with Bill Gates in 1993 and in the article it had his email address which was billg@microsoft.com.

• User profile image
    Shaded

Shmuelpro wrote:

Threre is no point trust me.
    There are people that go threw all his e-mail and will send you a pre-written response.
    and yes it is
    billg@microsoft.com

I'm sorry you believe your feedback is lacking in value.

A lot of people say the same thing about writing letters to the White House but I have a response letter from President Clinton to prove otherwise.

I didn't see Matt asking what his chances were of contacting them directly, or that people employed to work on their behalf were not legitimate communications with them.  He simply asked for their address and how to get in touch with them.

• User profile image
    Stitch 2.0

W3bbo wrote:
    Try to add any @microsoft.com email address to MSN Messenger's list. You'll get an error telling you that you're not allowed to add @microsoft.com addresses.

Strange, how come I have rscoble(at)microsoft.com added then?
    Worked fine with me. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Matt6912

Thanks

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.